We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Professional gifts to bring to Japan

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
258 reviews
Save Topic
Professional gifts to bring to Japan

My husband is keynote speaker at a medical conference and has been asked to present a gift to the head of the conference at the end. What should this gift be????

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Professional gifts to bring to Japan

whiskey or wine? i'm guessing you might not know the head guy well enough to personalize it?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,584 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Professional gifts to bring to Japan

I come from a family of physicians and I can tell you that most Japanese physicians do like receiving an expensive bottle of whiskey and brandy--at least 200-300USD/bottle range.

I recently gave an electronic stethoscope to my brother-in law, who is a cardiologist and he really love that as well.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Professional gifts to bring to Japan

Probably the best idea. Thanks!

4. Re: Professional gifts to bring to Japan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 07:15