We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip in kyoto

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Topic
day trip in kyoto

Would you mind answer me

Can I arrive at osaka at 06:00 and then leave at 21:00 in the same day for one day trip in kyoto

As I want to take photo of maple in this november,

but my annual leave had been used up

I worry the custom department will refuse my entry as I will not book hotel for one day trip

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,890 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip in kyoto

Yes, you can.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,027 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip in kyoto

>>I worry the custom department will refuse my entry as I will not book hotel for one day trip<<

Don't worry, as long as you have all your documents correct. There are day stopover visitors.

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip in kyoto

thank you

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,185 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip in kyoto

Just tell immigration that you are there for the day. If they ask for documentation, show them your onward boarding pass from Kansai airport onto your eventual destination.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip in kyoto

We saw the maples at the peak of their color at the end of November. End of November and early December are the usual peak times for fall colors.

Enjoy!

More on Kyoto: www.blaineanderin.com/one-day-in-kyoto/

6. Re: day trip in kyoto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:17