We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

japan september trip

1 post
Save Topic
japan september trip

Hi. My husband and I are traveling to japan in sept. . We will spend 3nights in Tokyo then plan to go to (jr pass) Matsumoto, ( bus ot train) takayama (1night) then Kanazawa to Kyoto for 3 or 4 nights. Using one day to visit Hiroshima. Any suggestions for this part of the trip? Then we will make our way north to misawa to see friends for a few days. We may also go to Sapporo overnite (2days). Then return to misawa and return to Tokyo to fly home. Our trip will be 18 days. We will not use the Jr pass while we visit our friends but may need it for Sapporo and returning to narita. Should we get the 14 day Jr pass or the 7 day and pay the Sapporo and narita fares separately? What suggestions do you have for the travel between kyoto and misawa? I'm considering Kamakura. I have been to japan once before but my husband has not. Thank you. Lin.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,270 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: japan september trip

14 Day JR Pass pays off for the trip Tokyo - Hiroshima - Misawa - Tokyo trip

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
343 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: japan september trip

You may want to visit Shirakawago when you visit Kanazawa and Takayama. It's just an hour bus journey (Nohi bus) from either one of them.

Nohi bus

nouhibus.co.jp/english/shirakawago_kanazawa.…

Shirakawago

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5950.html

…blogspot.sg/2013/12/japans-golden-route-tou…

Vermont
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
599 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: japan september trip

You can check train routes, times and costs on HyperDia www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html… - just be sure to uncheck the irrelevant options.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 03:53
4. Re: japan september trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:15