We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila to Bocara

manchester
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Manila to Bocara

Hi All

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Manila to Bocara around Christmas Time? We will arrive in Manila and hope to be in Bocara for the 20th Dec 2008 till Jan 3rd 2009. We are backpacking so the cheapest way is the best. How long will the journey take?

Any other advice on a nice/clean/cheap Resort would be helpful but I have been using Hostelbookers which is very good.

Thanks in advance M

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila to Bocara

Hello. I am assuming by Bocara, you mean Boracay? If so, the quickest way to get there is via plane from the Manila Domestic Airport to Caticlan (airlines: Seair and Asian Spirit)-- the flight is a little less than an hour. From the Caticlan airport, it's a less than 5 minute ride to the Caticlan port where you will take a boat to the island.

If you are wary of flying in small planes, you can fly from Manila to Kalibo (airlines: Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines) and then take a 1.5-2 hour trip by land (there are vans and buses at the airport) to the Catilclan port.

Please note that December is peak season in Boracay and the resorts charge higher rates. You can check out www.boracayinfo.net for a list of places to stay on the island according to price.

Enjoy!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila to Bocara

Check out resorts such as Dave's Straw Hat Inn, Turtle Inn, Tree House and Blue Mango for clean, decent accommodation with reasonable rates.

3. Re: Manila to Bocara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 09:22