We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in PI what would you do?

LA
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
7 days in PI what would you do?

I have 7 days where I am by myself until my cousins arrive so we can all island hop (Bohol, Cebu, palawan).

Any recommendations on what I should do with myself? The historical manila stuff would only take a day or two. I was also thinking of mandala spa but not sure if it's worth the $$ and if I was spending that amount I might as well go to Thailand via Cebu Pacific even though I heard that airline has bad reviews. Let me know your thoughts or if there's an island a solo female balikbayan in her early 30s can go to without my titas freaking out about our distant cousins the muslims down there. I want something quiet and no party atmosphere.

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days in PI what would you do?

Head down to Davao. Get a blind massage in the airport. Raft down Davao River. Hear some jazz at Apo View Hotel night club. Stay for a steal at either Marco Polo in town or at the Pearl Farm or Paradise Island on Samal. See the Eagle Preserve. Eat tremendous tuna and fruit.

But, mainly, get out of Manila and see how great the islands are!

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days in PI what would you do?

And, just a note....you probably have more of a chance (albeit really small) of having sectarian violence affect your trip in Thailand than in the Philippines. Just my opinion. Both places seem exceedingly safe. They are, at least, as safe as Los Angeles!

3. Re: 7 days in PI what would you do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 09:29