We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love Birds need help!!!!!

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Love Birds need help!!!!!

Hi,

We have been deciding on our summer holiday for a long time now but still no joy on even developing a short list.

Have looked into self catering and all inclusive holidays around the caribbean and within Mexico.

We have a preliminary list of requirements that we would like from out holiday which are as follows:

1. White sandy beach/Crisp clear water

2. Good food (my bf is a chef so is a bit of an arse when it comes 2 food)

3. Preferably no dress code, i.e not having to wear long trousers. We understand that this is a tough requirement but my bf would enjoy his holiday alot more if he can wear shorts. (HE ISN'T A CHAV/WHITE TRASH - JUST WANTS 2 GET AWAY FROM THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF WORK, WHICH IS WHAT A HOLIDAY SHOULD BE).

4. My own little requirement is perhaps a bit Princess like - however - I also want to get away from real life for 2 weeks also and am quite excited about having a hot-tub in our room. ITS NOT 4 THE WASH - I have thoughs regularly - It's just for the indulgence : )

We understand that we may not find a place catering 2 all of our requirements and are willing to give and take where we haveto.

Our price limit is around £3000 ($6000) for 2 weeks whether this is for a self catering holiday or an all inclusive package - we have not got a specific requirement for this yet.

Thank you for reading this and we would very much appreciate any ideas you may have on hotels, resorts or other or any other advice.

Thanx again : )

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Love Birds need help!!!!!

Try Amanpulo in Palawan. But your budget will not last 2 weeks here but you will really feel like royalty at this resort.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Love Birds need help!!!!!

Amanpulo is roughly $1000 per night, not including food and drinks. Too expensive for what you are looking for.

travelling
Level Contributor
384 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Love Birds need help!!!!!

Boracay! There are lots of good restaurants, lovely white sandy beaches, no dress code. Fridays resort would be my pick of hotels.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Love Birds need help!!!!!

Hi Amy,

Would recommend you Boracay, and a cool beach front place is Blue Mango, their garden rooms are real nice and clean.

Enjoy your trip.

travelling
Level Contributor
384 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Love Birds need help!!!!!

Yes I stayed there a couple of times and liked it.

6. Re: Love Birds need help!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 13:15