We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Subic Bay?

Sharnbrook
Level Contributor
64 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Subic Bay?

Can anyone tell me what the beach and sea are like at Subic? I see the new fast road has finally opened up and was wondering if this would now be a good choice for a few days. Also, a good standard hotel on the beach and near to bars and restaurants.

UK
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Subic Bay?

We've been there a few times, most recently last December. Olongapo is just like any City really it's ok for a day or two and there is a good night Market. Near Olongapo is the SBMA (old US base) which is clean, calm, well organised and has lots of Hotels (most are quite expensive) and nice restaurants and bars, with live bands and music.

A few miles up the Road from SBMA is Barrio Barreto and Baloy beach - we stayed there because it's much cheaper than SBMA. The beach is ok (ok - not brilliant) and there is stuff to do. I stayed there with wife and child, and we were unsure whether it's suitable for families, as there are one or two places that are not 'wholesome' shall I say.

At Baloy Beach and SBMA you can arrange trips - diving, jet-ski etc.

The water is ok and for wreck diving Subic is brilliant - I used Blue Rock Dive Centre, who were great!

Have fun

2. Re: Subic Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 03:16