We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most romantic place

leyte,philippines
1 post
Save Topic
most romantic place

me and my boyfriend are planning on a romantic week together. the problem is we are not sure where to spend it and which hotel to stay. all of his knowledge about the philippines is limited to cities only. we are looking for a resort/hotel which serves good food and has a scenic view of nature. can someone please advice us where to go? someplace not too artificial?

thanks in advance

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,923 posts
1,999 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: most romantic place

Saringtaka

As a foreigner I have only been to about 10 of the 7107 Filipino islands.

My personal favourite is Panglao Island next to Bohol (connected to Tagbilaran by a causeway).

There are about 10 - 15 resorts of varying price and quality on Alona Beach.

You can take day trips (dolphins, snorkelling) to Balicasag Island one day and (on land) to Baclayon Church, tarsiers, Chocolate Hills and Loboc River cruise the next day.)

Happy holidays!

Davao City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: most romantic place

saringtaka

you're from leyte and it is abound with nature suggest it first to your bf but if you are sick and tired of the place try boracay for the white powdery beaches,the coolair in baguio.Yeah! when in boracay try club panoly, it has its own shoreline frontage-very exclusive while in baguio you can travel up sagada and banaue or ormoc city has a new hotel owned by the larazabals.

these are just few places to explore.however you can create a romantic week depending on your imagination and resourcefulness.happy days ahead!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: most romantic place

My vote goes to Miniloc or Lagen Resorts in El Nido. That is if your budget permits it. And if youre more into sand and sea. If you want cooler weather, why not spend some time in CJH Manor in Baguio? Baguio City, specifically the session road area can be chaotic most of the time, but if you want some quiet time, stay within Camp John Hay - I guess its one of the few places left in Baguio where you'll still be able to catch the scent of pine.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: most romantic place

The Panoly Hotel has been getting bad reviews lately. It is run down, and there's an enormous construction site on the neighbouring property. Sadly most of the beach in that area is now off limits to the public except for a small stretch directly outside the hotel.

I recently enjoyed a trip to Siquijor Island, which was nice and quiet with pristine beaches. If diving is your thing, you can travel to nearby Apo Island for beautiful unspoilt reefs.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,233 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: most romantic place

Where on Leyte are you?

If you are in the south, there are a number of places such as this one

http://www.whaleofadive.com/

If you are in the north, pop over to Biliran. there are a number of places to stay there. Such as this one

http://www.agtabeach.com/

Otherwise, there are plenty of islands with resorts that fit your description that are not too hard to get to from Leyte or Leyte via Cebu such as Siquijor, Bohol, Malapascua and Camiguin

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: most romantic place

another vote also for those secluded Resorts in El Nido, Palawan to fit all the criteria you mentioend.

But if your budget doesn't permit any of those 5 star options in El Nido, El Rio Del Mar in Busuanga is an alternative.

This is another secluded resort (for mid range budget) with about 20 rooms so guests are at a minimal.

And the island tours in CORON are great :-)

Manila
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: most romantic place

Siargao Island in Surigao del Norte - Pansukian Resort and Kalinaw Resort, both facing the sea. Kalinaw has great pizza.

Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte - Kapuluan Vista Resort, facing the sea

Boracay - Nami

El Nido - definitely a great place but for the less expensive resorts, it's not exactly "romantic" unless you stay at Miniloc or Lagen

Sabang, Palawan (Underground River) - I highly recommend Dabdab. Great cottages, the restaurant serves nice food. There's something utterly romantic and rustic in Sabang (maybe because the town mostly runs on generator)

8. Re: most romantic place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 11:27