We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 grand

scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 grand

hi guys

I am going to the philippines in the summer for 3 weeks with a few friends we are all taking 3 thousand pounds each, does anyone think if this will be enough or should we take more? look forward to your thoughts.

keith

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 grand

Hi Keith,

It depends where you go and what interest you may have.I'd like to give you some info how to cut down short your expenses. Cheers!

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 grand

3000pounds - by current exchange, will be 12,000php/day you can spend for 21 days!

Considering a 2000-3000 sharing hotel and 800-1000 for food, you can imagine how far your money can go.

scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 grand

thanks for your reply.

we will be in boracay for 2 weeks and 4 days in angeles just looking for a relaxing time. you can give me help to cut our costs that would be good we not sure if £3000.00 will be enough.

anyone else got comments on this matter will be most welcome.

thanks again guys

beefo

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 grand

that will be dealt by Boracay regulars. I saw that you posted it there.

Just clarify if 'few friends' is actually how many? Is each carrying 3K or is 3K for all?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 grand

Hi Beefo/keith.

Do you have your hotel payed for or do you still have to pay for that too? £3k sounds a lot of money for just spending to me. What do you have planned for your holiday that you might need all that money for? I am going to Boracay this summer for around 3 weeks and was planning to take around £1500 for just spending, hope thats going to be enough.

scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 grand

there will be 7 in total and we all have 3k each just hope that this will be enough for us.

thanks again

beefo

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 grand

I just came back from Philippines + Boracay.

I believe that 3K pounds are a lot of money for 3 weeks. Of course in Boracay u can easily spend even more but I still think that are more than enough!!!

U can stay at a nice + expensive place up tp station1 and spend a lot for day trips to close by islands and still u have enough money!!

If u have extra to spend u have to try Tirta spa!!!!

It worths the money!

scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 grand

thanks for your reply .

glad to hear that 3k will be enough.

beefo

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 grand

3K pounds is really enough, even with your hotel expenses.

In Angeles City, depending on where you are billeted, you will be spending very minimal on food, accommodation and transportation.

Some unsolicited advice: when you're in Angeles City, it's best to exchange your currency at the SM Clark Mall ( Department Store, Hypermarket and BDO respectively) where there are no hidden charges and security is good.

10. Re: 3 grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 05:02