We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa

Lisbon
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
visa

hello,my appeal goes to a philippine expert:my country (portugal)is listed under those who don´t need a visa for stays shorter than 21 days.it so happens that i booked my trip for 30 days as i always do.my question is :what can i do about this?changing my flight dates would be expensive as it would be getting out of the philippines after 21 days and then go back.if getting out would be the option where to would cheapest/easiest.Can i extend the visa on arrival,how does it work?tks in advance for help.

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa

Hello sir,

Yes very easy to extend your visa. My suggestion would be to stay your 21 days, and then just go to the local immigration office and get a extension. It will cost you about P 2500, for the extra 9 days. But you will have to do it. Thats cheaper than cutting your vacation short.... You could also fly out of the Philippines for 48 hrs and come back and you will get another 21 days. But cheaper to pay the fee and enjoy your time here.

Its simple to do and takes about 4 to 6 hours to accomplish. Go early in the morning, so you can maybe get done faster. If you have friends here they can get a fixer to do it... Little higher but also risky.... If i can help let me know. Thanks.

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa

Ask the immigration officer on entry if they can give a 59 day visa. They may do but you will need to wait around while they find a senior immigration officer to give authority.

Alternately, go to immigration any time within your initial 21 days and apply for the extension. It takes 30 minutes or so and costs P3030. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST DAY just in case it is a public holiday or a weekend! You would then have to pay an overstay fine even if if you are only one day over.

It is best to go within the first couple of days of your arrival to give you peace of mind.

DO NOT USE A FIXER!!! Some will steal your passport and those that do not will charge you a lot to do it.

It is an easy procedure to extend your visa and even an idiot can do it themselves.

In any case, fixers are being driven out of business by the government who see them as an unnecessary expense to the people and businesses.

You can also apply to the Philippine Embassy in your country of residence before you leave and it is sometimes cheaper than extending your visa here.

www.immigration.gov.ph

There is no point in leaving the country to return. That just wastes money. If that is your choice, you can book to Hong Kong and return on the next flight. You do not need to stay out of the country overnight.

Mentioned in this post
Palompon...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,940 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa

Do not wait for the 21 days to expire before extending. If you go over the 21 days, you have to pay an additional fine of P500 plus an additional application fee of P510.

You can do it yourself or use an agent. I always use an agent because my drinking time is more valuable to me than hanging around immigration. Also, I can't be bothered to dress up in long pants and shoes to be allowed to enter immigration.

In Cebu City, the standard cost for an agent is P500. No idea how much you will pay where you will be staying.

If you want to do it yourself, check here for the Bureau of Immigration office closest to where you will be staying.

www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php…

The actual cost for the extension is P3030

You can read this page of my website for more information

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/visas.htm

Regards: Jim

Lisbon
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa

Tks guys for prompt and helpful reply.it actually helped.Pitty about the dress code for Imigration :):)

5. Re: visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 07:16