We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

Malibu, California
Level Contributor
36 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

Every time that I think: "oh, it'll be fine" and book Cebu Pacific because their price is a little lower, I REGRET it. This is why: I have actually NEVER TAKEN A FIGHT I'VE PAID FOR on this airline. I have spent over $600 US TRYING to fly them, but every time there is some problem: late plane, flight cancelled, unable to rebook, etc.

I have spent hours on the phone with over 20 calls at this point trying to resolve a ticketing issue, sat in their Manila office for 90 minutes (like hundreds of others who gave up on phone & email), emails & submitted at their site 30 times and YOU SIMPLY CANNOT GET THROUGH TO THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE OR GET AN ISSUE RESOLVED.

Filipinos are the loveliest people you will ever meet but the Filipinos who are hired by Cebu Pacific must actually surrender their heart & soul when they get hired and learn that "the customer comes last." They will NEVER try to help a customer or resolve an issue beyond charging more money or saying "sorry, can't help." I have NEVER in my life encountered a business that can stay solvent like this, and I think they are headed for a fall.

If you Google this airline, you will come up with THOUSANDS of complaints. If you can, fly Zest Air. They are nice AND cheap with modern, comfortable planes.

This is not one incident but buying SIX TICKETS over a period of 6 months, NONE of which I could EVER USE, every time due to a different reason on their part.

You can take your chances, but be prepared to forfeit ANY MONEY YOU SPEND on this airline and end up buying a ticket with another airline ON-THE-SPOT at 4 x the rate. This has happened to me several times.

I'm not usually this negative but there is nothing good I can say about this airline!

Philippines
Level Contributor
23 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

Are you sure you are not the C.E.O. of Cebu Pacific or your last name is not Aquino? Fr. Tom Martin

Philippines
Level Contributor
23 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

If you go to the Internet and look up complaints on Cebu Pacific you will see hundreds. I do not understand how those posting on this site never had any problems with Cebu Pacific. All one has to do is sit at the airport waiting on a flight and observe one delayed Cebu Pacific flight after another. They will even cancel your flight for maintenance reasons after you have been waiting for an hour at the airport and not rebook you with another airline or offer you any accomodation - IT HAS HAPPEN TO ME TWICE! I generally do not have any say over what airline I fly, but if I had my way Cebu Pacific would never take to the air again because they do not deserve to. The goverment should intervene but they will not. Fr. Tom Martin

Philippines
Level Contributor
23 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

You cannot say anything good about Cebu Pacific because there is nothing good to be said about them. One only has to check Internet sites to see hundreds of complaints. They claim 88% on time rate, but I do not see how I could always be on their 12% delayed flights. The Corporate Office employees are arrogant and care nothing about customer service. They know at the moment they have a lock on the domestic market in the Philippines because PAL is much more expensive and Zest Air does not have the number of flights daily as Cebu Pacific. If my prayers are answered they will have a major competitor one day and will be forced to give customer service or shut down. Fr. Tom Martin

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,761 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

Your only posts are regarding airlines.One post promoting Zest and 2 separate posts sledging Cebu Pacific.

I think you have a hidden agenda regarding Cebu Airlines.

Tommo

Manila
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

.. If you have purchased your tickets based on their PROMO FARES.. you must be sure you have read the limitations of your ticket ;(NON-REFUNDABLE / NON-REBOOKABLE.. whatsoever..) .. I have had some refunds with Cebu Pacific in the past and i was told they needed 90 days if i remember well before they can refund.. it actually took over 5-6 months after a lot of angry calls .. i was so agitated i was already asking to speak direct to GOKONGWEI , the owner ...before the amount less charges was credited back to my card.

Do not talk to the customer service (usually handled by a call-centre) when it comes to refunds.. it is useless! ... call centre people are just like robots that are trained to speak nicely memorizing most lines without actually understanding the issue. .. ask for the direct number of REFUNDS MANAGER... and note their names... they are more careful and attentive to your needs when you start asking for their manager names. If it doesn't work, seriously ask to speak to Gokongwei, he may not be aware of how the front -liners are performing.

Nevertheless, i still fly Cebu Pacific because of their seasonal sales and the easy online booking system .. am just more careful on booking only when my travel dates are definite.. that's to avoid rebooking fees & processing refunds.

You just reminded me, i have a totally unused ticket right now.. it was a promo fare so i have yet to try it there's something they can do.

Good luck!

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

I've flown Cebu Pacific countless times -- both for domestic and international destinations without any problems. Well, there was 1 problem but it was caused by me booking the wrong flight and only realizing it when I got to the airport. The Cebu Pacific staff were helpful in getting me on the next available flight. Of course I had to pay extra, but I knew that because I read the fine print before I purchased the ticket.

new york
13 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

you have no problems becuase you appear to reside in Manila. Try doing the same thing from the provinces and I dont think you will be so thrilled

new york
13 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

I can sympathise with your problems, having had over the years some similar troubles. These problems extend even further> I tried to use the new Cebu Pacific (associated) GoHotels in Mandaluyong and immediately became involved in the almost impossible dealings with the Cebu Pacific style of doing business....phones never answered day after day, uncompromising employees who are not equipped to handle any situation out of the ordinary, but act like automatons that can handle nothing unless its written down in the rules of instruction. Imagine trying to run a hotel like that. Customer service and satisfaction has never been their strong point

Philippines
Level Contributor
23 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

No hidden agenda for any airline. I simply feel Cebu Pacific does not treat passengers right when there is a problem and I looked up their record for May they were late 7% of the time, Very late 2% of the time and excessively late 2% of the time and cancel flights without advance notice 4% of the time. My main problem with Cebu Pacific is they have no respect for their customers especially at the corporate level. I can understand an airline being late when they operate as they do with equipment requried to be in service 24 hours a day and no spare equipment in order to operate a no frill airline, but at least when you are 12 hours delayed have some respect for the customers.

Philippines
Level Contributor
23 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Avoid Cebu Pacific Airlines!

What is wrong with a passenger having options if Cebu Pacific delays a flight for 12 hours. Is it too much to ask to be able to take another flight the following day or be switched to another airline or given a refund. All these options when asked for we were told were not available we had no option but wait. We sat for 12 hours watching other Cebu Pacific flights leave from the airport going to the same destination we were going to while we waited 12 hours. When we ask Cebu Pacific personnel why those of us that had been delayed all day could not be placed on the other flights and make those customers wait a while we were told, "You people are already mad why do we want to make others mad if we do not have to."