We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manila to boracay and cebu

Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
manila to boracay and cebu

ok..my friend and i have whole of august in the phillipines.

we were thinking of...

1 wk manila .. fly off to

1 wk boracay ... fly off to

1 wk cebu city ... fly back to

1 wk manila

feasible and sensible?

and what are some reputable sites to book intra-phillipines flights? and perhaps hotels/resorts too?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,331 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: manila to boracay and cebu

You could chop off several days in Manila and I suggest you add Bohol in your itinerary. Bohol is just a short ferry ride away from Cebu City. There are also excellent beaches in Panglao, Bohol.

For hotel/resort bookings here in major destinations in the Philippines I trust asiatravel.com

If you check out Airphil Express they have an ongoing seat sale. Cebu Pacific is the most popular budget airline in this country. I suggest is to compare the price of flights and just take the cheapest. I would fly in any of those airlines as I deem them to be all reliable but my favorite is Philippine Airlines.

Philippine Airlines -- philippineairlines.com

Cebu Pacific Air -- cebupacificair.com

AirPhil Express -- airphilexpress.com/

Zest Air -- zestair.com.ph

Seair -- flyseair.com

You could fly from Boracay (Caticlan) to Cebu via Cebu Pacific Air

Edited: 07 July 2010, 15:57
Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: manila to boracay and cebu

I agree with the previous post,,, take some of your Manila time off.. and include Bohol. I would only suggest Bohol for two days, you can see everything and experience Bohol in that amount of time...

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g294259-Bohol_Island…

I would suggest staying on Mactan Island instead of Cebu City. They are very close to each other and easy land transport...

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g667507-Mactan_Islan…

Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: manila to boracay and cebu

We have nite of Aug 4 until noon of Aug 31 to enjoy the Phillipines. Tell us how we should split our time up between Manila, Boracoy, Bohol, and Mactan Island.

Edited: 07 July 2010, 21:01
Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: manila to boracay and cebu

Is 10KG max allowed on all airlines to Borocay??? I'd need at least 15. 20 would be nice lol

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,331 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: manila to boracay and cebu

I suggest that you immediately fly to Boracay the next day upon your arrival in the Philippines. You could do Manila towards the end of your trip so whatever delays you might encounter in Boracay, Cebu and Bohol at least you can write of your days alloted to Manila.

This is a suggestion so you will not backtrack to anywhere in your intended destination. Fly to:

Manila--fly to Boracay (Caticlan)-- fly to Cebu-- ferry to Tagbilaran City, Bohol--- fly back to Manila.

Yes, only 10 kilos allowed for your checked luggage to Boracay (Caticlan) as airlines there are only using turboprop aircraft and that airport has some weight restrictions in able for airplanes to land there. Airlines charge around PHP120 for each kilo in excess thereof.

An alternative airport to Caticlan is Kalibo which is 1.5 hrs away by shuttle/bus to Caticlan. Philippine Airlines will give you 20 kg for checked luggage if you fly economy.

Please check this forum regarding choosing between Caticlan and Kalibo --> tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k373…

Edited: 08 July 2010, 01:59
Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: manila to boracay and cebu

Well there's no way i'm coming to manila with only 10 kg worth of stuff. At the very least, one 20ish kg chked luggage plus a smaller chkced luggage (probably empty). My plan is to go to Boracay with the smaller chked luggage filled with stuff from the 20 kg chked luggage. I would leave the 20 kg luggage at my friend's relatives place in Manila. So I guess flying straight to Boracay as soon as we get to Manila isn't an option.

I guess we'll figure out how much of a price diff there is between the smaller airlines and phillipines airlines.

doesn't seem like we could book multiple stops/destinations on asiatravel.com so i guess we have to book one way for all?

and book the hotels separate?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,331 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: manila to boracay and cebu

You book your local flights with the airline's web site. You book your hotels in asiatravel.com, agoda.com or any other hotel booking site of your choice.

Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: manila to boracay and cebu

We booked airphilexpress from Manila to Boracay.

I have no doubt that our baggages will be over-limit since we plan to fly from Boracay to Cebu City after our stay in Boracay....and there's no way I can just live with 10 kg of stuff in Cebu City ;) We are of course willing to pay the extra fees.

A question: there is no indication on its website if airphilexpress allowed carry-on. Do they?

Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: manila to boracay and cebu

Another thing...

After looking at the amount of time we have in the philippines (about 27 days) and the places where we're going to spend our time at (Manila, Boracay, Cebu City/Mactan Island, Bohol), we feel that we will be staying the majority of our time (at least 10-12 days!!!) in Boracay if we stick to those 4 places. We just hate getting bored :)

Are there any other islands/cities that we should perhaps include in our itinerary?

Edited: 11 July 2010, 04:46
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,331 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: manila to boracay and cebu

You are allowed 1 piece of hand luggage not weighing more than 7kg... It is there official statement about it but they seldom check but better be advised accordingly.