We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights between the islands

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flights between the islands

We are a couple coming to the philippines on July-August. Because the weather is a bit problematic in this season, I don't want to book domestic flights in advance. Is it a problem to book flights on the spot? Are the prices much more expensive?

Thanks

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights between the islands

hi ,if there is promo on the websites one way fares can be as low as 300 -500 peso ,whereas if u book on day of flight at airport can pay 3000 -4000 peso for same flight ,weather may not affect flights that much -depends what islands u want to travel to ,how long are u spending in philippines and what islands want to visit?.no need to book this far in advance for july /august -sign up for low fares alerts on cebu pacific and other airlines if possible .

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights between the islands

Yes, the flights would be more expensive if you book it on the spot or even a day before the scheduled flight. Life goes on during July and August for domestic travel, if a particular flight got cancelled because of weather then you are entitled to be booked on the next available flight.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights between the islands

I'm not worried about weather affecting the flights. I am worried about the weather in the islands. If there is a rainy\ cloudy weather on island X , I will decide to go to island Y.

I can obviously make this decision only a few days before each flight.

We are planning to travel for 3 weeks, still not sure which islands.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights between the islands

what happens when u get to island y and its the same as island x -go to island z ? what a waste because of a few clouds? if ur in the visayas it probably wont be that bad even if for a few hrs .

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights between the islands

The farther south you go from Manila the less likely you will be affected by typhoons as those weather disturbance moves away from the equator. The northern Philippines is typhoon prone while the southern most Philippines is typhoon-free. For example, if you go to the Island Garden of Samal in Davao I assure you there will be no typhoons there in July and August. Camiguin Island is almost free from typhoon, I once read that the last typhoon that directly went to Camiguin was more than 30 years ago.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights between the islands

With the exchange rate strongly in your favour, I would not even be concerned about the increased cost of booking flights on the spot. Even at the more expensive rates, the cost is still a fraction of what we pay in North America or Europe to fly. Having said that, if you do find a promo fare for 300-500 pesos.....what do you have to lose by booking it? It`s a very small amount of money once you factor in the exchange rate.

Zest Air often has many specials. Check them out at www.zestair.com.ph

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights between the islands

With the exchange rate strongly in your favour ?? what u mean by this -its down 10peso or more on what we used to get in previous years plus when booking flights the exchange rate is 3 peso less than actual rate

8. Re: Flights between the islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 06:19