We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Zest Air okay?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
121 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Is Zest Air okay?

Hi, we are going to Palawan in April and booked Zest air for our return flights as they were quite cheap especially for peak season. Now I usually check tripadvisor before booking stuff like this, but didn't this time, and after checking some older posts, have read that Zest wasn't a good airline to go with after all. Does anyone have recent updated info of whether they are reliable ???

NORTH LONDON
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Zest Air okay?

The problem with Zest Air is they cancel flights with no warning. They did this to me last year and I have never been able to get my money back or had any response from the Customer Service email I sent

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Zest Air okay?

Yep - same happened to us. Cancelled the flight as we were sat in the departure lounge waiting to board back to Manila. Come back tomorrow afternoon they said - which we couldn't.

We did eventually get our money refunded but had to wait 3 months and send an email reminder ,but never got the internet booking fee back.

Would never consider them if you are wanting it for a connecting flight, as we were. If you are not in a rush - then just possibly maybe.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Zest Air okay?

Oh dear, disappointing ... not good news at all ... so did you wait for the next Zest flight, or go with another airline?

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Zest Air okay?

We had to swiftly zip across to the desks of Cebu Pacific (way too expensive) and Philippines Air (still expensive). Luckily we managed to grab seats on the Phil Air flight and sucked up the extra cost. Otherwise we would have missed our flight from Clarke to Kuala Lumper the following day and also the KL to UK flights.

All our other flights in the Philippines were with Cebu Pacific, who did mess us about a couple of times by changing flight times, but at least they let us know in advance and we could alter our plans.

Moral is, if you intend to use a budget airline, think again if they are for a connecting flight.

5. Re: Is Zest Air okay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 17:35
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Zest Air okay?

SDP092 - these are the email addresses I used for Zest to get my refund

customerrelations@zestair.com.ph

ibe@zestair.com.ph

One of them bounced back as mailor daemon, can't remember which.

My reply was from leadagent@zestair.com.ph

Try all 3 and keep up the pressure on them

7. Re: Is Zest Air okay?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 January 2012, 14:05
8. Re: Is Zest Air okay?

Removed on: 08 January 2012, 14:05
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Zest Air okay?

call zest air or see website

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,203 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Zest Air okay?

My Zest flight to palawan was on time last week but I had a very bad experience with the much more expensive Cebu Pacific, with no refund, 2 days wasted and no customer service. After 8 internal flights over the last 6 weeks I get the impression all philipine air travel is hit and miss, not just specific airlines.