We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu Pacific

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Cebu Pacific

Just looking at flights with Cebu Pacific and when I got to the booking page it seems I can only have a 10kg bag to check in is that right? Is this on top of the 7kg hand luggage? I couldn't see a way of paying more and increasing it.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,846 posts
1,983 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cebu Pacific

The answer to Question 18 may assist:

www.cebupacificair.com/help/booking-faqs.html

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cebu Pacific

Excellent thanks for that. We are planning on 3 weeks, and thought 10kg might not have been enough .. although we generally pack light.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,991 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cebu Pacific

I just did a test booking from Manila to Cebu. On the same page as the personal details are required, there is the baggage allowance option. They had 5 options

- Hand carry only at no extra cost

- 15kg checked in luggage at P150 extra

- 20kg checked in luggage at P250 extra

- 25kg checked in luggage at P400 extra

- 30kg checked in luggage at P700 extra

Hand carry allowance was 7kg. I noticed in the hand carry allowance info that it is restricted to 5kg for flights to Caticlan.

Where are you travelling to and from?

Regards: Jim

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cebu Pacific

It was the Manila to Boracay flight. When I get to the page where you accept the terms and conditions and then there is a baggage allowance drop down bit, it only has the 10kg at 150pp. There are no other options ......

When I do Manila to Tagbilaran it has all the options you mention above. We'll probably be carrying roughly 15 kg per person for hold luggage.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cebu Pacific

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k219…

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cebu Pacific

In that case I shall look for another airline. Its just our honeymoon and don't really want to restrict myself to 10kg per pax for 3 weeks. :-)

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cebu Pacific

all are the same unless u go via kalibo-didnt u read the part where it said u could pay extra at the airport?.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cebu Pacific

Yeah, read it, but the posts are over 3 years old, so unsure how relevant it was any more. Just looking at other airlines to see what the difference is and how much for different luggage weights. Seems its the Manila-Boracay stint that may be the issue.

Don't want hassle at the airports with extra weight here and there, would rather know before I go so not nasty surprises.

Edited: 16 September 2011, 13:50
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cebu Pacific

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k474…

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cebu Pacific

I would definitely explore other options for flying to Boracay if I were you. Cebu Pacific has a nasty habit of cancelling their Caticlan-Manila flights and sending passengers to Kalibo when flights aren't full.

I was with 2 friends in Boracay last month -- 2 of us flew Seair and 1 flew Cebu Pacific because she had a free voucher from her last trip when they cancelled the Caticlan-Manila flight and sent her to Kalibo. She got to the Caticlan airport at 10:30am for her 12nn flight only to find that the flight was cancelled and yes, she was going to be sent to Kalibo again. Funny enough, they gave her ANOTHER voucher.

Despite the perfect weather in Caticlan and Manila that day, Cebu Pacific cancelled at least 3 more flights (this happened while we were waiting for our Seair flight to board) and bused their passengers to Kalibo, citing "weather" as the reason. I wonder what explanation they gave their passengers when asked why the 2 other airlines in Caticlan didn't cancel their flights or suffer delays.