We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bohol vs Siquijor Island

seattle
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Bohol vs Siquijor Island

We have 5-6 days before heading to Palawan, would you visit Bohol or Siquijor Island??

We want to relax, good food, nice beaches.. and maybe a day trip.

THANKS!

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bohol vs Siquijor Island

If its me, I can cover both places in 6 nights. It only take less than 2 hour travel between Bohol & Siquijor.

Bohol (and Panglao Is) has organised & efficient tour operations. Once you connect to the right party, they will take you to Bohol's places of interest.

Siquijor is more on a "backyard" province. Laidback, relax, local life.

I would not choose one over the other.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,976 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bohol vs Siquijor Island

Visit both! 3 days in Bohol and 3 days in Siquijor are more than enough.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,984 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bohol vs Siquijor Island

Choosing just one, it is Bohol!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,841 posts
1,983 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bohol vs Siquijor Island

kegler747 is right.

However do not go below three days in either, as you will not be able to relax: you will always be thinking of your imminent departure.

If staying at say Alona Beach, Panglao (or eselwhere on Bohol Island), you can arrive, book the marine day tour for dolphins and Balicasag Island snorkelling for the next morning - departure around 0530 - and then enjoy the land day tour of Bohol (see 'Bohol attractions' on TA) the next day.

If on Siquijor Island, tee up transport with the tout or other individual who meets you at the pier. This is important because Siquijor is seriously laid-back: at times, waiting outside Coco Grove resort, it took 30 minutes for suitable transport to show. You can do a lovely circumferential island tour (about 70 kilometres including diversions to wonderfully quiet, beuatifully pristine white sand beaches. See 'Siquijor attractions' on TA.

If choosing one over the other, I'd go for Siquijor. It is less developed and has fewer tourists visiting it. Its beaches are superb (not that Alona Beach isn't also lovely: it is). Siquijor has fewer residents and visitors but is growing in popularity.

Edited: 21 September 2011, 13:00
Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bohol vs Siquijor Island

You can visit both places.

Anyway

Check this website link it has 136 awesome Bohol photos.

…photoshelter.com/gallery/…G0000hFMTgjc4jK8

or

…photoshelter.com/gallery-slideshow/…

Credit to the photographer.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bohol vs Siquijor Island

Siquijor is quiet and undeveloped with nice beaches. The dining scene isn't very inspiring though. I highly recommend staing at Coco Grove Resort, which has a lovely ambience and good food.

Nightlife is Limited but we did visit a place called Dondeezco where we ate a good meal and had a few drinks. We were there during the day, and noticed there were various events advertised for the evenings.

7. Re: Bohol vs Siquijor Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 13:17