We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon destination

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon destination

hi there,

can anyone recommend a nice honeymoon destination for May. We are getting married on Boracay Island and want to go somewhere else for our honeymoon.

this is what we are looking for:

- nice beach

- some snorkelling & diving

- not too busy

- great views and some privacy

- somewhere relatively modern

we have been looking at Club Paradise and El Rio y Mar Resort- but cant seem to come to a decision. our budget is about $140 per room per night (ideally full board- but not essential).

any advise would be great!

x

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon destination

have a look at sangat island

www.sangat.com.ph/index.php…

select lambingan villa or crusoe cottage

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon destination

....mystical Siquijor Island!

Papalo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon destination

Maybe you can try a trip with Tao Expedition?

Tao will bring you all the less visited beach between Coron and El Nido. Many people seems to praise El Nido over Coron so you can want to start your Tao Expedition trip from Coron to El Nido and stay at El Nido for a few days.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon destination

I love Siquijor (especially Coco Grove Resort) but I wouldn't call it modern. It is still authentic and charming, thankfully. Nearby Apo Island has some outstanding diving and snorkeling.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,376 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon destination

All great suggestions.

Im also very fond of Siquijor and its a perfect romantic place to stay for a honeymoon. Its not crowded and has a beautiful beach. Coco Grove where I also stayed is a nice resort and not expensive. For your budget that should cover all your meals.

Imagine having breakfast outside on the beach, candlelit dinners on the beach at night with a musican playing at your table. Having an afternoon rest in one of the several hammocks scattered around the resort or a drink in their pool bar.

Whilst well outside of your budget El Nido resorts have accomodation on stlts over the water that would be my ideal place:

http://www.elnidoresorts.com/

Here is a video of one of their resorts featured on our Australian Travel Program called Getaway and hosted by a part Filipino Aussie Kate Cebrano.

…msn.com/watch/…x74ivdl

I would also consider Coron as Edwinic has suggested or El Nido as above is but perhaps accomodation that suits your budget.

Also look at top questions as there are many ideas there.

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
2,000 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon destination

Coron would be my top tip.

Fly to Busuanga, or catch the weekly (I think) SuperFerry.

Great snorkelling and (not for me) diving. Wonderful turquoise waters. Not too crowded.

Zest Airways, Airphils Express (this one my favourite) and Cebu Pacific fly to Busuanga, Coron.

7. Re: Honeymoon destination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:15