We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

California
Level Contributor
79 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

In the Vietnam Forum, Agoda received several unfavorable comments. Most interesting was that the complaints were generally from 1 to 7 post. While those with more than 1000 post were generally extremely positive.

It seems that negative experiences were attributed to the hotel over-booking and when the traveler arrived their Agoda reservation was not honored.

I've used Agoda a few times in the past with the most recent reservation for a very popular hotel in Boracay. My reservation was made 3 months in advance. I had no problem with my reservation, even though I had not contacted or coordinated with the hotel prior to my arrival.

Recently I;ve made several reservations with Agoda with trips scheduled for the Philippines in July. I've made 3 changes and had no problems with cancellations and refund were issued back to my credit card within 6 business days.

For those of you who have used Agoda can you respond on your experiences. Good and Bad. Would you recommend sending your agoda confirmation to the hotel to verify booking? Also any tips you might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

I have used Agoda for my Bangkok holidays.

After Agoda send me the confirmation slip, I will contact the hotel a few days later to verify my booking.

So far so good and no complaints.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

Likewise, have used agoda a couple of times for trips to SG and HK without incident. My confirmation slip was enough for my reservation to be honored although it would be better to verify with the hotel just in case.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,836 posts
1,983 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

It's not disastrous, but I find that Singapoerean listed company www.asiatravel.com mostly has cheaper rates with Asia Travel's 'Crazy Rates' in Makati and Manila (the latter is presently The Hotel Manila for about A$106 including taxes and charges) hard to beat.

www.asiatravel.com has staff at the end of a Filipino phone line to whom you can speak if occasionally you have such a need. It has my repeat business.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,886 posts
1,618 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

Agoda are a very large and very reputable accomodation supplier.

I would always compare their rates with websites such as combined hotels(they compare multiple providers) to ensure you are getting the best rates.

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,315 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

agoda is fine and maybe the hotel is at fault not AGODA. One problem is that sometimes hotels do NOT get bookings, after all they are only sent once by agents like agoda and hotel.com etc by email. If there is a down in the system, booking will be lost as there is no back up. That is where many issues derive from.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,971 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

The problem in Vietnam (sometimes in Cambodia) are with the hotels themselves and even Agoda, Asiatravel and other booking sites have unfavorable experiences with some hotels that is why they pulled out some of the "problematic" hotels from their booking engines. The next time you are in Vietnam use this hotel booking site --> http://www.hotels-in-vietnam.com/

Some of the popular and reputable hotel booking sites that you could use here in the Philippines are Asiatravel, Agoda and Asiarooms.

TripAdvisor highly recommends -->. http://www.tingo.com/

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

i have used them late last year to book with a manila bay-area hotel, h2O without a hitch. no problem. ive used them before--again no problems

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
102 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

I have used Agoda but mostly for Bangkok reservations. In Philippines, I just use it for hotel ideas and then go to the hotel sites directly as they have best price guarantees. I had a bad experience with Agoda booking in Philippines once so I never tried it again. (They never sent the reservation yet gave me the booking voucher)

Manila
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

agoda is the leading online travel agency in the Philippines now. They have a comprehensive listing of hotels which may not be available on other websites. Agoda is owned by Priceline, a Fortune 500 publicly listed compay.

Lapu Lapu...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Agoda-Philippines- How reliable your experience?

I have used Agoda in my Hotel bookings in Cebu and in Manila for the last 3 years and have not encountered any problem. All the Hotels recognized my Agoda Bookings without any question.