We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,387 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Topic
PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass

'Allows travelers to fly as many times as they want to 2 domestic destinations and 11 international destinations. The destinations are Cebu and Davao or from Manila to Hong Kong, Macau, Taipei, Singapore, Bangkok, Saigon, Jakarta, Beijing, Shanghai, Bali and Xiamen.'

'The Fly All You Can pass, which is sold from July 6 to 13, can be bought for as low as $316 for economy class and $1,318 for business class. Tickets must be used within eight weeks from date of first travel or on/before December 10, 2012'

Cebu Pacific sale to various domestic and international destinations ends today.

abs-cbnnews.com/business/07/05/12/pal-offers…

Tommo

las vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

I hope they'll do this again next year...what's the catch though?......

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,387 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

Plus taxes!

Tommo

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

PAL offered a similar promo last year. Tempting indeed and can be a good deal but only if you have the luxury of time, can travel continuously using Manila for stopovers only and like riding airplanes :) Otherwise, terminal fees, travel taxes (for locals) can all add up.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,196 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

AirPhil had such a promo, but you could not book in advance and had to show up hoping for a seat. Who wants that, I rather pay as I go and not deal with the hidden rules. For sure there is small print.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,717 posts
1,970 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

The Philippine Airlines promotion is not all it seems.

It isn't just taxes that have to be added, but a quite substantial 'fuel surcharge.'

I know that economy class is only US$318, but I would want to do my sums carefully before purchasing one as the fuel surcharge and taxes may be (almost) as much as a return Cebu Pacific ticket to some of the featured international destinations.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,196 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

most have a scam written into it when you get the final price.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
548 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

the 318 amount is only for you to participate in the promo. You have to pay the taxes and surcharge for every ticket you purchase. Only the base fare becomes free with the $318 payment. The other conditions is that you have 2 months from the 1st trip under the promo to travel, up to December 10. So if your 1st travel is August 1, your promo ends October 1. If your 1st travel is October 1, your promo ends December 1. Next, you have to buy all your travel plans for that 2 month period all at the same time. Another problem is that seats are limited.

I tweeted PAL and they confirmed that for you to make the $318 payment worth it is if you travel more than 3 times/round trips. The same was mentioned when I went to PAL ticketing office yesterday. It will only become worth the price if you really travel more than 3x in 2 months, and international, not just domestic.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,735 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

For economy class passengers travelling from Manila to Australia, Japan and India a round trip add-on of $300+ and fuel surcharge of $200+ will be added.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,717 posts
1,970 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

In fact kegler747, one can often purchase cheaper fares from Manila to Australia on the PR website without availing of this promotion.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,735 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PAL offers ‘fly all you can’ pass, Cebu Pac holds seat sale

Totally agree. I don't buy this kind of promos because if you're not going to travel at least 5x in 60 days then the "fly all you can" clause is useless.