We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

One of the complaints the local airlines gave when fighting against the new compensation arrangements was that passengers ( sorry "Guests") don't turn up for the flights they have booked.

Well tomorrow, I won't be turning up because I found it impossible to cancel my flights on the "Manage Flights" page of Cebu Pacific.

Is it, perhaps, that they might owe me money if I cancel?

94 replies to this topic
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,661 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

All fees and penalties are in black & white for the public to know so why complain if they are just implementing what they stated so it you think that is unfair why book with an airline with that kind of rules.

<<<On the website, https:/…fee-summary.aspx , it shows that the cancellation fee is P1,200. Hence, I was expecting the fee to be P2,400. BUT NOOOO!!! The cancellation fee is P4,800 because its P1,200 per way.>>>

-Isn't it it was stated "PER SECTOR, PER GUEST" on the web site you posted??? Try to read it again and by the way, per sector means "per way." All of the airlines in this country have penalties for refunds, oohhh even bus and shipping companies have refund fees.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

So agree to the T&Cs when you buy the tickets.

It might sound unfair but you agree to it.

Period.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
601 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

people come here to rant only to look more stupid because they do not read the terms and conditions they are REQUIRED to agree BEFORE they can finalize and purchase their tickets. its obvious they never really read it UNTIL sh!t happens and when it does, they say its unfair. then they say we should rise up, band together, sue them. for the info of these people, you wont even get past the fiscal's office because its all in the stated terms and conditions that every passenger agreed to, whether you like it or not, read it or not. so if sh!t happens, better check whose sh!t hit you, your own or the airline's?

Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
44. Re: Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

I disagree. Two people may have the same name, but not the same passport number. This was a sloppy, irresponsible and possibly dangerous oversight on the part of Cebu Pacific.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,763 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

I agree with MH Al22tec and Keg. Not point complaining. Its are part and parcel of the conditions you agreed to but probably didnt read properly. It unfair to blame the airline for your "oversight".

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,661 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

If people don't want cancellation fees then don't cancel or maybe hire a tricycle or pedicab instead.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

I fortunately have had a relatively good experience with Cebu Pacific. Yes, there were late departures, but that was the same for all the other airlines departing from NAIA Terminal 3 on my travel days. I did have to cancel and reschedule a flight and had no issues when done in person and 4 hours prior to departure. It was too complicated online for what I needed to do. I had originally booked a flight from Puerto Princess to Caticlan via Manila. Plans changed and I needed to go to Manila for 2 days after PP. I was not charged for a reschedule, but I had to pay a little more because I was now taking 2 flights. The staff were very good about minimizing my costs. I've had to do this with major airlines in North America and Europe and CP was comparable or easier. Also, I had a promo fare that allowed for free reschedule within 4 hours of departure.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

@ All

Cebu Pacific and the other budget airlines in the Phils are very good choices for flying between islands. They are quick and comfortable

However, they are all terrible for cancelling tickets / changing dates. Their webpages do mention this in reasonably large print. The process is cumbersome (you must either visit a travel agent or do it directly at their office) and the refunded amounts are small compared to the amount spent.

Hence book your flights only your plans are fixed. If you plans can change, it is far better to book at the last moment. If you still book in advance, do note this IS the risk you are taking.

Cainta, Philippines
2 posts
Save Reply
49. Re: Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

We were group of 4 and were booked by my friend under her name. Unfortunately, the two may not join us on our scheduled flight which is on sept2014. Will we have any problems in checking in if they won't show up on the scheduled date rather than paying for the cancellation fee?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,763 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?

No you will have no problem but consider the money paid for the booking for the other two...gone.

Tommo

Reply to: Ever tried to cancel flights with Cebu Pacific?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted