We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

Australia
Level Contributor
115 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

Hi

We have 2 - 3 weeks to spend exploring the philippines and were hoping for some help on where to go! We are both mid twenties and experienced travellers interested in a cultural experience with beaches, hot weather and a little nightlife. Keen to see some nature and do some adventure activities too! We were thinking Manila, Cebu, Bohol and Boracay??? Are we missing anywhere that might sound more suited to us? Also what is the weather like in general in October as this is when we will be there!

Thanks for any tips in advance, X

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

Nature? Banaue Rice Terrace is recommended.

Adventure? Cagayan De Oro White water rafting. Bohol etc.

Night life? Boracay.

Beaches? Boracay, Coron, El Nido, Panglao etc.

October is still the wet season. So going to Banaue may be riskier but it will be good if you can make it.

Also make your trip flexible due to the weather.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

@cider-journey,

...Head off straight to Boracay.

...Go down to Negros. Check the old houses in Silay, Negros Occ. Esp the Ramon Hofileña house. If the guy himself is there, what a treat! Stay overnight in Bacolod. Or 2. Food haven. :)

...Head off to Dumaguete. You will meet a lot of travelers in a popular backpackers place. Check LP. Party scene here at Hayahay, Tiki Bar stretch. University town.

...Visit nearby islands of Apo ( great snorkelling, diving, turtles), Siquijor, Sumilon.

...Head off to Bohol. Tarsiers, chocolate hills, extreme sports in Danao (they have paragliding), white beaches, churches.

...Back to Cebu for El Nido. Island hopping galore.

Weather is as weather does. For us who grow up with rainy or dry season, this constant wonder about the weather is :). No one can predict what happens anymore anyways.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

...I meant Cebu to catch a plane for Puerto Princesa, Palawan as your entry point. Then to El Nido.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,110 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

cider-journey

I like your choices they are good. I can see you have done some research. sole2souls ideas are also good. So many choices but so few days.

As you have limited time there must be some compromise. I would probably replace Cebu with Palawan and head off to Coron or El Nido or both. palawn is a more laid back type of place but you can do any partying in Boracay and Manila and to a lesser extent Alona Beach Bohol.

You will enjoy Bohol as it offers beaches, sightseeing and culture. From there you are only a short fast ferry trip away from Dumugette, Siquijor and Cebu.

Enjoy!

Tommo

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

For 2-3 weeks, I think you have your places chalked out just right.

Boracay = good for night life

Bohol = nice beaches, snorkeling, diving, treks in forests, and of course, a visit to the Corella tarsier sanctuary to see these cute creatures is a must (do not go to any of the other umpteen places that claim to be tarsier sanctuaries, but actually keep captive tarsiers and are terrible places)

Manila - Makati = A good clean part of the otherwise crowded city of Manila

Cebu / places close by = Try visiting some islands closeby - the reefs there are still alive, and marine life is beautiful

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

sole, good trip plan.

ciderj...I would go with your plan, as each stop you can explore and meet all of your needs.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

@Left,

...Thanks. Met tons of travellers with that IT in 3 wks. Very doable and the reason I suggest Dumaguete is because it is a good base to visit the other lands. Lodging can be had for 250/day/pax, cheap food, clean and great vibe.

...Lived in Cebu for 3 years 2008-2011. I try not to say something when it comes up as a topic. ;)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

Cebu is one of those places that gets mislabeled often as a big city, yes, it is, but the short distances to beaches and to Bohol over rules any such stereotypes. Cebu is really a hidden treasure in many ways, as you know SOLE.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

LiveOnce, no offence but please stop labelling Boracay as only a nightlife or party destination. It is so much more than that, even if you didn't take the time to see it. There are hiking and nature tours to nearby caves, cold springs and waterfalls, it is great for watersports such as kiteboarding, windsurfing, sailing, skimboarding, kayaking etc. There is a lively party district and good dining scene but also quiet areas, secluded beaches, spas and relaxation.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two girls in their mid twenties with 2.5 weeks

But watch out for the long haired so-called 'tribal musicians' in Boracay! Most are married or attached but still hook up with a different female tourist each week.