We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

WOuld love your comments and suggestions ( bad and good)

I have 21 days in the philipines booked with my hubby. We are 31 and 35, mid range travelers, love adventures and fun, not parties, and love to see beautiful things, get bored easy and need things to do. Here is what I got so far, but open to changes. The only thing set in stone is the surf camp.

My concerns are that since we cant reserve the buses ahead of time in manila to banuae that if something goes wrong, and we cant catch a bus, we might miss a flight.

I keep reading lots of stories about the route to banuae being unpredictable in terms of time..... I really want to go, but we only have three weeks, so is it worth it??

1- fly into cebu at 11pm, sleep in Cebu

2- day in cebu as there are no flights to Siargoa till tommorrow ( suggestions on what to do in cebu would be great!!)

(ADVENTURE PART OF TRIP)

3- fly to siargoa and go to kermit surf camp for 7 days

4- surf camp

5-surf camp

6- surf camp

7-surf camp

8-surf camp

9-surf camp

(CULTURAL PART OF TRIP)

10-fly to manila arrive at 1505

night bus at 2200 to Banuae

11- arrive in Banuae in the morning, and jeepney to Sagada around noon, relax after a long travel, night in sagada

12- Sagada caves, night in Sagada

13-jeepney to Banaue, explore rice terrace, night in Banaue

14- explore more around banuae, night bus to Manila ( if there is a night bus, i'm seeing conflicting info if its a day or night bus, please help!!)

(RELAXING AND BEACHY PART OF TRIP)

15- arrive in Manilla in the morning, and take a plane to Palawan Island to El nido spend the night there, relax day

16- kayak the bacuit archipelga ( out of el nido)

17- drive to puerto Princesca ( or somewhere near there where there is some beautiful beaches ) by bus (8 long daytime hours)

18- Underground river in puerto princesca

19- relax, island hop

20-relax, island hop

21- fly back to manila and fly home to canada at 2pm

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

21-should try to be in manila night before if possible -what month is this trip? island is called siargao there are daily flights on cebu pacific at 11.45am to surigao -where u can catch ferry to siargao

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

https:/…

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

Thank you, we will be there Jan 28-feb 17th 2013.

I looked into the ferry, but it ends up being a whole day of travelling, when we could just relax in cebu, and do a quick flight in the morning to the island of siargao to the surf camp.

I'm wondering if the northern part of the trip is way too rushed, it seems rushed on paper, but not seeing the rice terraces and the sagada caves is good enough for th etrip up north, or should we see more up there, and have an extra day?

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

www.ohayamitrans.com/schedule-of-trip.html

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

"a plane to Palawan Island to El nido"

I assume you are really flying from Manila to El Nido?

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

well i think the ferry trip is approx 3 hrs but maybe there arent any trips after flight will arrive in surigao -do you need that long at surf camp? there are some nice places to visit around there

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

yes we are flying from manila to el nido.

The surf camp is 7 days, and we would like to sepnd 7 days surfing and exploring the island its at. The camp provides us with scooters to go and explore, so we will have plenly to do for those 7 days.

I"m more wondering if the trip up north is worth it to the rice fields, as it seems a bit rushed.

also if there is somewhere better to end the trip than the island of palawan, or does that sound like a good idea?

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

yes

Edited: 04 December 2012, 23:40
Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

Any suggestions about the northern part of my trip, or palawan?

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: need help with making 3 week itenarary for the phillipines

Part of me is thinking of scraping the northern trip, and just doing palawan for ten days instead of trying to fit in both