We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Markets in the Philippines

Sonoma County...
Level Contributor
18 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Markets in the Philippines

I'm a fruit-nut, which are the best markets to find the freshest, most exotic fruit?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Markets in the Philippines

MH, answered. I like the Balitawak market, but I never feel safe there. The place has piles of produce on the street for sale and a good place to buy.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Markets in the Philippines

i would recommend for first time- tourists--Manila's San Andres Market--there is a high variety of fruits, clean---however a little touristy and reasonable in price--but not the best prices.otherwise i would recommend MarketMarket in the Bonifacio Global City, the Tiendesitas near Eastwood--these are a little touristy but well-heeled locals also shop there..

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Markets in the Philippines

Also for those who are not familiar with San Andres Market, it is near to Quirino Avenue LRT Station and they are open 24hrs a day. A good landmark will be opposite Puregold Supermarket.

However, do not attempt to visit them in the wee hours like I did last time. It really frightened me!

Take a taxi or a trike if your are nearby.

Sonoma County...
Level Contributor
18 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Markets in the Philippines

Kegler- I'm not exactly sure of my route. It will be much influenced by things I'm interested in seeing. So if there was a notable market, then I would adjust my trip to go to it.

Edwinic- I have traveled to Hawaii, Panama, Costa Rica and many parts of Mexico so I know many fruits that are native in those regions or have been brought there from parts of SE Asia. I know I've only scratched the surface, so I'm open to all things being exotic to me.

Bryantpark- I will take that tip as well. Thank you.

Viajero- Balitawak sounds great.

Sonoma County...
Level Contributor
18 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Markets in the Philippines

Mig-- Thanks. In my hunting today on the net, and in my lonelyplanet book I found that market. Lots of reviews saying how great it was specifically for fruit. Yay!

MH- I will keep your experience in mind. Definitely.

Some of the answers to my fruit question have given some insight to my other: Manila's Safety.

Excellent.

16. Re: Markets in the Philippines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 10:16