We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

Melbourne
Level Contributor
114 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

Does anyone know how one would go about buying an extra seat with an infant for Cebu Pacific.

If I try to book a seat for a child, but then enter the correct date of birth it comes back with an error (as he is obviously less than 2 years old).

We would like the extra seat for both space and the extra baggage allowance. (Manila - Caticlan)

Thanks

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

I guess you know you can let the infant be a lap baby for the trip. You can buy the extra weight for the baggage.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

did you try to put a fake birth date just to see what will happen?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

I thought about that also Ed, but was afraid if I said that the DE police may jump on it.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

haha, we do fake moves all the time. no one is exempted, but i am not saying that he do it actually. just test it and if he's happy with the result, decide.

Of course, there are police and there are DEs in its true sense.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

....why not try PAL? I did it before. The FA couldn't believed that the child( under 2 yrs old) had his own seat. I had to show the ticket. (of course, we were traveling Mabuhay class.

....good luck....:-)

Papalo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

If it were me, I would say the child is age 2 as Papalo and Ed suggests and be done with it.

Edited: 05 January 2013, 05:07
Melbourne
Level Contributor
114 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

Just to clarify a few points:

The infant is not actually going to occupy the seat - I essentially just need an extra seat for the space/baggage.

My understanding is that you cannot book extra baggage on the Manila-Caticlan route.

Pardon my ignorance but DE = ?

Edited: 05 January 2013, 05:12
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

I have never heard anyone who will buy a seat without a person attached to it, so for the sake of discussion Koizi, the seat is for the baby. I understand she or he will lap it. Why not use a car chair in her seat. By the way, the airline will not let you put luggage on your seat, not usually anyway.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
114 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

Leftovertoo,

I think you are taking my post way too literally.

The seat will be purchased in the baby's name for him to "use".

As far as the baggage, I refer to the check-in (not carry on) limit of 10kg on that sector.

Plus it is very handy (almost necessary) to have the additional space for him to move about (whilst he is under 2, he is the size of an average 3 year old)

PAL actually allowed us to select "infant with seat" when we booked our flight to Manila EX Melbourne. Have done the same with AirAsia before as well.

The problem is I can't get through to an operator at their call centre and actually speak to someone (not sure why) to clarify how the booking should be made.

I appreciate all the responses and will probably just "adjust" the DOB.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
114 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking an Infant with a seat: Cebu Pacific

Have just returned from the holiday and thought I would share my Cebu Pacific travel experiences.

Firstly, never had a problem with the extra seat (except that we had to pay an additional terminal fee with the extra boarding pass).

Out of four flights (including in and out of Caticlan) only 1 was delayed (and only by half an hour). That was from PP to Manila.

Service was fine and above average for what you would expect for a budget carrier. Their in flight games won us a couple of ipad cases as well!