We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Congrats to TA Small Hotels Travellers' Chioce winners

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Topic
Congrats to TA Small Hotels Travellers' Chioce winners

It is particularly pleasing that TA's 2013 Travellers' Choice Awards for Small Hotels in Philippines includes a number of establishments that are on less well known islands many kilometres from Metro Manila and Cebu City.

As the government tourism representative who so kindly attended the recent second annual TA members' dinner at Cafe Juanita, Fort Bonifacio Global City pointed out, the government is trying to ensure that the bneficiaries of tourism spending include residents of what Filipinos love to call 'far flung' islands in the provinces.

Congratulations are therefore due to Padre Burgos Castle Resort on the little frequented by tourists but scenically beautiful largish island of Leyte in the Visayas (ranked number 6 Samm Hotel), along with Atmosphere Resort (ranked 2) and Pura Vida (20) at Dauin on Negros.

Others include Mangueyguey Island (ranked 9), Secret Paradise Resort (14) and El Rio y Mar (17) in increasingly popular Palawan.

The only disappointment is that no hotel in the southern island group of Mindanao has made the list, because like the central Visayan group in which hotels such as Padre Burgos Castle Resort are located, Mindanao has many attractive white sand beaches, such as near Glan out of General Santos. Mindanao's time in a subset of TA awards such as this will come.

Encourage your friends and relatives to visit the Visayas and the safe parts of Mindanao so that more Filipinos benefit from tourism income in these areas.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Congrats to TA Small Hotels Travellers' Chioce winners

Here is the relevant link:

tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels-cSmal…

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,791 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Congrats to TA Small Hotels Travellers' Chioce winners

Thanks for sharing this information. I would kove to stay in those small hotels next time I travel in those places.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,726 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Congrats to TA Small Hotels Travellers' Chioce winners

Boracay as usual has done well on this list.

Tommo

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Congrats to TA Small Hotels Travellers' Chioce winners

Glad to see Amarela and Discovery on the list. I'm lucky to have stayed in both and agree they are among the best. Hope I get to try some of the other ones!

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Congrats to TA Small Hotels Travellers' Chioce winners

Lipa city and Port Barton just got into my bucket list! The photos are beautiful! plus I like the exotic sound of "Port Barton"!

Sad that none of the places in Mindanao made it. Perhaps it is because they are not popular yet. I personally was pleasantly surprised to see nearly 50 good resorts in Samal garden island - near Davao - many of them fantastic with great views and lots of nature, all at reasonable costs! aaah.... maybe it is because they did not have karaoke? Just kidding!

Edited: 25 January 2013, 03:32
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Congrats to TA Small Hotels Travellers' Chioce winners

PS - How does "The Farms" qualify as a "small hotel"? It costs a bomb to stay there.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Congrats to TA Small Hotels Travellers' Chioce winners

Is it small though? Small doesn't necessarily mean cheap these days. Look at all the fancy little boutique hotels in Boracay that charge a fortune.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Congrats to TA Small Hotels Travellers' Chioce winners

this is proof that size does NOT matter

9. Re: Congrats to TA Small Hotels Travellers' Chioce winners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 06:20