We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Philippines for 5 days

Mumbai (Bombay...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time to Philippines for 5 days

Hi! I would be traveling to Philippines with my husband in the end of March for 4 nights. Please suggest best hotels and places to visit in Philippines for the given days. (27th March-31st March) We like beaches, adventure sports, nightlife and vegetarian food. After reading a few of the forum chats I found out that the best places to visit and most recommended ones are Palawan, Manila & Boracay. If there are any better places, please do suggest. Also, would appreciate hotel suggestions and things to do in those places. Thank you very much

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Philippines for 5 days

the best-as in most expensive?

Mumbai (Bombay...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Philippines for 5 days

Best as in must-see/must stay, comfortable, most-recommended...not necessarily most expensive

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Philippines for 5 days

what type of adventure sports? 4nights isnt much time if you are planning to go palawan ,depending on your arrival /dept times from manila -may have to stay at least one night in manila ,what budget in us$ for hotels

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Philippines for 5 days

Sounds like you would enjoy Boracay.

check Discovery Suites. Right on white beach.

Mumbai (Bombay...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Philippines for 5 days

budget about 150usd...but can go upto 200 if the property is really good.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Philippines for 5 days

I would second the suggestion made above for Boracay

As for the food, be prepared to make some adjustments, as vegetarian food n Phiippines often means vegetables (and sometimes mixed with shrimps). You just might have to settle for curd rice, chopsuey (available at all chowking - a lcoal chinese fast food chain).

Another traveller, connecting souls, had come here from India - the vegetarian food issue was answered there -

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294245-i3256-k607…

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Philippines for 5 days

Consider that your travel dates are right smack on Holy Week which is the super peak time for local tourism in the Philippines. If you can adjust your dates a week earlier that would be advisable. If you can't, I would suggest Palawan or Bohol over Boracay, because Boracay is really very crowded on those dates. Wherever you choose to go, better to connect straight there from your airport of entry (whether it is Manila or Cebu) and be prepared for crowded airport terminals.

Mumbai (Bombay...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Philippines for 5 days

Thanks a bunch for your advises.

We've decided to increase a day in our trip, so pls suggest is this itinerary good enough: 27th Manila to Boracay, 27th & 28th stay @ Boracay. 29th, 30th & 31st stay @ Palawan, 1st morning fly to Manila and 1st afternoon fly back to India.

We've heard a lot about Boracay, so do not want to miss out on it.

Please suggest, which beach to visit for a relaxed weekend and diving, Palawan or Bohol or Cebu (29th-1st)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Philippines for 5 days

Well, Palawan is a big island. Which part of Palawan do you want to go?

10. Re: First time to Philippines for 5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 April 2013, 17:05