We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macta beach

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Macta beach

Hi, anyone recommend for Macta beach coz we have a short time and this seems like the nearest one we could see. We are staying in 94 Juana Osmena Street.

Tkss

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Macta beach

do u mean mactan island?

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Macta beach

…weebly.com/best-local-beaches-on-mactan-isl… …weebly.com/best-tourist-beaches-on-mactan.h…

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Macta beach

@ Julie,

I am sure you mean Mactan beach....

1) Mactan is on the same island as cebu airport. It is filled with resorts.

2) ay of the resorts are excellent, most are good

3) The beach is ok - and advisable only if you are a resident who does not have sufficient time (or does not wish to spend the effort) to get away from Cebu. The water is not so clean - as compared to te marine sanctuaries closeby. (but then, if it is so close to a city, that is obvious)

4) I would not recommend it for a tourist, as there are better beaches

5) My advice - if you have 2 days, take a bangka to a place like Nalasuan sanctuary and stay at the resorts there. OR

go to one of the resorts an hour south or noth or west of cebu city

OR

take a fast ferry to Bohol (2 hours) - it is far better.

4. Re: Macta beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 04:18