We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,891 posts
1,993 reviews
Save Topic
Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

Accommodation that TA classifies as 'speciality' (the fairly hard to find third category that is not a hotel nor a B & B), U-Story on magical and attractive Siquijor Island (accessible by ferry from Dumaguete City, has 21 'excellent' ratings by TA members but no other reviews attracting less than five out of five.

Is this some sort of record for TA's listed Filipino accommodation establishments?

Cocoon Hotel,. Quezon City comes close, but has a few who rate it as 'average' (three out of five) and more who rate it as 'very good' (four out of five).

I have only stayed at Coco Grove Resort on Siquijor Island, a great hotel that sits on my favourite Filipino island, but U-Story's proprietors and staff must be doing more than a little something correct:

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g664445-d272…

Congratulations to them for attracting such great reviews from visitors who hail from quite a few different nations. Encouraging excellence can breed success. Word of mouth (or 'words from TA') is great advertising provided the reviewers are not 'suspicious' once only reviewers.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

Sole, you now blaming me for Siquijors popularity, lol

I actually still think it doesnt get visited as often as it maybe will in the future. And you are all right, some locals find it a little spooky, particularly Catholics it seems.

Going back to the original post, no hotel or establishment is flawless, the best hotels in the world do not get these kind of "excellent" reviews

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

"I actually still think it doesnt get visited as often as it maybe will in the future."

Please keep it that way or at least wait till I visit it!

Need more mumu there! :p

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

balikbayan OFW coming back, good friends. Will go there to keep family from asking to tag along. Great idea.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,185 posts
1,653 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

S2S was that at The Fort in January ;-)

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

Phoenix,

...Yeah you and VL. ;)

Tommo,

...well I hope not January. That means I had an SML with one too. Haha!

Left,

...Best way to go without the tribe. Peace finally!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

@ SOLE, you are singing my song.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

Heh heh...I hope your tribe wont haunt me down...

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

I will just tell them u live in Siquijor ha ha you will be safe...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

I know this topic is old now, but I just wanted to chime in for people who will be reading this topic in their research for resorts in the future (as I did). This place IS a real gem. We are from the US. We went to U Story sight unseen, based on their reviews, pictures, and responsiveness of the owners to our questions. We thought we could always go over to Coco Grove if it turned out to be a mistake. We stayed at U Story for the full two weeks. It is fantastic. The location, the peaceful feel, the decor, the staff, the food is all top notch. There is nothing fake or erroneous in the reviews. This place is fantastic. They only have four bungalows currently, and are only open 6-7 months of the year, so limited space and time, but if you are interested in a beautiful place to relax and eat fabulous food on a laid-back peaceful island, this is the place for you.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,891 posts
1,993 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Is U-Story (Siquijor) 21 'excellent' reviews a TA record?

Erika K, thank you for submitting a formal TA review of U-Story and especially for the information about how it only accepts guests from November to either April or May each year.

Please also review any other hotels (such as in Dumaguete) in which you stayed along with any tourist attractions or restaurants you patronised during your holiday.