We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

Having chosen Pal Express over Cebu Pacific for my flight to Manila I am was very disappointed (to say the least) to receive this message when I attempted web check in :-

"Sorry, we can't check you in on line as we need a little more information. Please go to the airport at least 90 minutes before your flight and contact a Pal Express agent."

Just what you need if you have an early morning start!

Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Pacific Cebu Resort
Pacific Cebu Resort
309 Reviews
Mactan Island, Philippines
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

yes I experienced that earlier this month too,even worse when on the way to the airport -they told us flight was leaving 1 hr earlier than scheduled ,so we rushed to get there on time ,only on arrival to be told flight would be delayed 2 hrs more than original sched .I was also trying to use their flight status checking on website yesterday but didn't seem to work ,flight yesterday was also delayed by 2hrs .

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

" Pal Express is now a full service airline" Huh!

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
625 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

Vetus, when was this? I experienced the same problem last sunday and monday, though on pal. I couldnt do any web check in. It might have been a network/system problem. I vaaguely recalling a notice of a systems maintenance sometime around those days. When i tried to do a web check in tuesday morning for my afternoon flight, i saw that they already gave me a seat, which i could have changed, but i didnt anymore.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,452 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

I gave up using PAL Express web check-in months ago with this very same problem. It's a shame that they haven't done anything about it.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

Let me reply all of you using the typical response from the Singapore Government.

"As we have just streamlined the operations of two fantastic airlines, there will bound to have teething problems at the initial stage.

So please be patient with us while we spare no efforts to improve things.

We hope you will understand and thank you for choosing to fly with PAL or PAL Express."

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

Yes MH, that's a nice one! Same system in Philippines really, whenever my broadband fails I am told "We are carrying out technical improvements to enhance your surfing experience".

@ al22tec - this was pm 25Apr and again am 26Apr.

@keg - hadn't realised there was an ongoing problem as I last used it in January.

Mentioned in this post
Malolos City...
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

I actually experienced this problem a couple of months ago. I thought there was just something wrong with the system, From the time that the web check in should be available for the flight I have, I've been trying and trying to check in online. But to my dismay the time to check in at the airport itself came and I still get the same error over and over again. I think they are experiencing problems with their website and haven't attended to it yet.

As for the flight, lucky for me that the flight left on time.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

oh, so this thing doesnt actually work. Too bad. Wasted a good 15 minutes clicking every single seat just to be told every single seat is unavailable. Should have known better. Well, here's to a very early trip to the airport tomorrow then.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
625 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

is this web check in problem a problem for all or a problem of a few? I have yet to try the web check in feature of PALEX. I am about to, for a flight to HK on June 18.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,452 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pal Express - disappointment over web check in

Hi sandra, because of your update I can now conclude that PAL Express web check-in is useless. My next PAL Express trip would be in September so I hope that problems about this web check-in thing would be solved by then.