We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zest air merge

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Topic
zest air merge

As per their website -all bookings after may 10th will be redirected to air asia website,seems they will resume flights to cdo maybe beginning june 15 ,also new route -bacolod

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zest air merge

Then the paint job will surely follow!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: zest air merge

Most importantly is that they improve their on-time performance!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,091 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: zest air merge

I am hopeful that the airline will be managed better and replicate the success of Air Asia parent company.

4. Re: zest air merge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 10:35
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: zest air merge

New Routes Manila to Kuala Lumpur. Manila to Kota Kinabalu. Manila to Ho chi minh city. Manila to Macau.

as before Manila to Shanghai. Manila to Seoul.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: zest air merge

After the merger, will both airlines share the same airline code? Like Zest Air code will become PQ?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,091 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: zest air merge

Zest Air will keep the airline code Z2 for their new routes as Air Asia is only a minority owner.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: zest air merge

Will that mean that

a) They will lower their costs

b) Fly to more places

c) Use Clark as a hub for domestic flights?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,091 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: zest air merge

Zest Air as managed by Air Asia will still fly from Manila. I'm sure they aware that Clark is not really viable for domestic flights. No need to make a new feasibility study, just ask PAL Express and Cebu Pacific.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: zest air merge

What does 10 kg free baggage allowance (by zest air) means? is it for checked-in baggage or carry on baggage? When I fly with zest this August, will my itinerary be under zest air's terms and conditions or air asia's? since I know airasia doesn't have free baggage allowance policy...I booked my zest ticket in March, before the merger..