We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coron or Boracay or both for 8 days?

Újszeged, Szeged...
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Coron or Boracay or both for 8 days?

Hi all,

Me and my hubby are planning a trip to the Philippines. We will have 8 days before we fly from Manila to Phuket. We cannot decide where to spend these days, Coron or Boracay? Which one worths 8 days? Or Should we try both?

Actually we read that B is quite a fancy and party place, and spectacular white sand, and C is more "natural", but frankly we like both kind... I mean we are not party people but like living nights, as well as island hopping or trecking on the day, or just being alone on a beach.

Any advice would be a big help.

Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coron or Boracay or both for 8 days?

What is B and C? El Nido tour B & C or Boracay and Coron?

Edited: 26 May 2013, 10:58
Újszeged, Szeged...
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coron or Boracay or both for 8 days?

Boracay and Coron. Or we are thinking about Boracay and El Nido (instead Coron)

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coron or Boracay or both for 8 days?

boracay and coron might be ok if you can find suitable connection times via cebu ,for elnido you need to go via manila and flights to el nido are more expensive than coron ,depending on your international flight departure time from manila -might need to go back manila a day earlier incase of flight delays/cancellations ,you could also consider bohol and coron ,what month are you planning to travel?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,133 posts
2,093 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coron or Boracay or both for 8 days?

You will need a day to travel between Coron and Boracay,

I would split it four days Coron (fly to Busuanga) and three in Boracay.

Flights to Boracay tend to be cheaper than flights from Caticlan (Boracay) back to Manila, so it may be preferable to visit Boracay first.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coron or Boracay or both for 8 days?

Agree with VL.

Coron and Boracay have a different feel each.

I like Coron island hopping though a little expensive.

I would not advice you to go to El Nido unless you are alright to spend just 3D2N there.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coron or Boracay or both for 8 days?

Personally, I would not do both locations in 8 days, as I prefer less travel and a more relaxed pace.

Also if you are going to Phuket after, seems like Boracay would make no sense.

Either opt for Coron, or El Nido and Puerto Princesa.

I would disagree that island hopping is expensive in Coron, I do not think it is at all.

Group tours start at 650php which includes lunch and all sanctuary fees, this is less than El Nido tours.

There are 4 main tours in both El Nido and Coron, but if you dont mind paying extra, you can always rent a boat and make your own tours and choices.

For me it would have to be Palawan then Phuket

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coron or Boracay or both for 8 days?

Phoenix,

You are right. I have forgotten I am using a private tour.

Yes, using a public tour is much cheaper.

8. Re: Coron or Boracay or both for 8 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:16