We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline from Manila to Boracay?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Airline from Manila to Boracay?

I'm looking to book flights from Manila to Boracay. I'm in Australia and don't know which airline to look up online which has good deals.

Any suggestions? Cebu air? Philippine Air? What else is there?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,001 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline from Manila to Boracay?

There are 2 airports serving Boracay: Kalibo and Caticlan. Kalibo Airport is about 2hrs travel to Caticlan by bus/van.

Aside from Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines, you could also try Zest Air, Seair and AirPhil Express.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline from Manila to Boracay?

We booked with Cebu Pacific and although the flight was an hour late leaving Manila, the flight back from Caticlan was on time. We had read about delays with all the airlines so stayed in Manila the first night after our international flight and once again on the return before our flight to Bangkok as we thought it was better not to risk missing our connecting flights.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline from Manila to Boracay?

zestair and seair mentioned in reply no 1 are now airasia and tiger airways

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,001 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline from Manila to Boracay?

Zest Air is still Zest Air because the stake of Air Asia is only a minority 49%. Same situation with Seair.

It is more accurate to say that you can buy Zest Air tickets at Air Asia's website while Tiger Airways sells tickets for Seair flights.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline from Manila to Boracay?

well whichever is more accurate ,you cant book zest tickets on zest website and tickets will be under airasia t&c ,so there is no free 10kg allowance that used to be with zest

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airline from Manila to Boracay?

For Manila to Caticlan, I prefer PAL Express because they seems to have less delay and cancelled flight.

Just a suggestion. When booking Manila-Caticlan flight, try to choose the morning flight. This is to reduce the chance of cancellation.

My next choice is Cebu Pacific. For Zest and SEAir, well, they are my last options.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,001 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airline from Manila to Boracay?

<<<well whichever is more accurate ,you cant book zest tickets on zest website and tickets will be under airasia t&c ,so there is no free 10kg allowance that used to be with zest>>>

-That booking thing is part of "joint marketing." It is wrong to say that Zest Air tickets will be part of Air Asia's terms & conditions. If you book a Zest Air ticket at Air Asia's web site you will get a Zest Air ticket, fly with a Zest Air aircraft by a Zest Air pilot. If you have problems with your ticket (just like I did a few days ago) you call Zest Air hotline and not Air Asia.

There will be changes to Zest Air specially with management style and product offerings that is why Zest do away with free baggage allowance.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airline from Manila to Boracay?

when you buy a ticket on airasia -there is no free baggage allowance ,even though flight is with zest air ,only option is to pay 280 peso for up to 20kg

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airline from Manila to Boracay?

from ABS-CBN news.

Airasia has acquired a 85% economic interest in Zest air as well as a 100% interest in Asiawide airways inc

which owns all of zest air planes.

In Exchange Zest air received $16 million dollars and 13% of Airasia Philippines. the deal was completed on may 10th. interaksyon.com/business/62621/exclusive--af…

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,001 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airline from Manila to Boracay?

Airline code of Zest Air flights = Z2

Airline code of Air Asia Philippines flights = PQ

I will be on the maiden flight of Zest Air to Laguindingan Airport on June 15 and guess what is the flight number? Z2 340.