We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Breaks

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend Breaks

Hi there!

So I am going to be staying in Hong Kong for June and July. I'm keen to do a couple of weekend breaks and thought that it might be cool to come see the Philippines.

Would people recommend any beaches close to Manila that could be quickly and easily reached on a weekend break?

Also, if I were to skip the beach and just wanted to do a city break activity, would people have any recommendations on tour operators for Mount Pinatubo? Some of the reviews suggest that some tour operators don't really speak English, so I'd be keen to find one that did so that I can learn a bit more about the local heritage.

Thanks!

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend Breaks

Considering your limited time, you might want to consider flying into Cebu instead. A lot of beach resorts on Mactan island can be reached within a half hour or less from the airport. You may even be able to squeeze in a trip to Bohol as well.

Edited: 02 June 2013, 17:46
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend Breaks

Or if could find suitable flights then maybe visit boracay VIA Kalibo

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend Breaks

If you do decide to do a weekend in Manila instead of Cebu, you can check out San Juan, Batangas for beach resorts that are around 2 and a half hours away from Manila. If you prefer to do Mt. Pinatubo, here's a good organizer that I would recommend: http://trailadventours.com/

4. Re: Weekend Breaks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 06:17