We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philippines in July

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
125 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Philippines in July

Hi everyone,

Looking for some help. Currently in Sulawesi thinking of heading to Philippines in July but just learned this is Typhoon season. The seasons seem to have become unpredictable in SE Asia. I am looking for advice on if it is a bad idea to be in Philippines in July, has anyone been in July and not experienced typhoons or anyone with expertise that could advise me on where to visit to avoid the bad weather..

Thanks,

Neil

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,541 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philippines in July

ITs rainy season and much of this depends on where you will go as well, but expect RAIN and storms. I have been there in July many times and will gladly be there in July as well. Typhoons can strike in other months as well.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
125 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Philippines in July

Thanks for that leftover.. Where is the best place to visit in July in your opinion?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,232 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Philippines in July

Where is the best place to visit in July in your opinion?

-------------------------------------------------------

Visayas

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Philippines in July

Hi,

yes - July is typhoon season in the Phils

Yes - I have been int he Phils in July and have experienced a few sunny days - in the lull between 2 typhoons.

No - this cannot be predicted more than 2 weeks in advance.

Yes - (and this is a personal opinion) I would still recommend visiting Phils in July - but only if you plan to stay about 7 days 9that way you most probably WILL get some sunny days) ... but then I ma have a different idea of fun :)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Philippines in July

This may sound strange.

For July, I would choose Visayas and Mindanao.

Go to the eastern Mindanao area. It is safer there.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Philippines in July

I would have to agree with central visayas and parts of Mindanao.

Davao and other parts of Mindanao are supposed to be completely outside of the typhoon belt. Central visayas particularly Bohol tends to have a little better weather than other areas. I have traveled in both July and August, experienced earthquakes and the tail ends of typhoons, but always had good luck with the weather

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Philippines in July

Visayas in July is still enjoyable. Sure you will encounter some rain, but the sun comes around often too.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Philippines in July

I'll got with MH on this.

Most tourists do not realise this but Northern Mindaoa (CDO and the vicinity) and Davao are very safe. In fact, a wee bit safer than Manila :)

If I were you, I would visit Samal garden island (near Davao) - the island has about 40-50 resorts by teh water on the hills - excellent quality, very untouristy - and unlike many other beach resorts in Phils, here they VALUE tourists VERY MUCH. Alos, you have a good mix of greenery and water (very narrow strips of beaches but very quiet)

9. Re: Philippines in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 05:17