We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal Flights

New Quay, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Internal Flights

Hi All

Is it better to pre book the internal flight or do it while you're out there? Me and my friends are planning a trip for about a month over xman and new year which will include 3 internal flights but not sure about when to book those.

many thanks in advance :-)

Roxy

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Internal Flights

hi roxy -well there is 1 peso promo now on cebu pacific for jan-march flights but might not be available for first few days of jan -depending on where your flying , usually if you prebook -flights will be cheaper -so if you already have set plans -then book if you are happy with the prices that are available -presuming you havent booked domestic phils flights before -some airline have might have free check in luggage -others you have to pay like 2£ for 15kg one way ,-if going boracay -then check in allowed is only 10kg.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internal Flights

I would pre book, particularly if you can get promo prices as Clare suggest. This year I flew Cebu to Busuanga and Puerto Princesa to Cebu for less than 1000php each way inclusive, taxes etc, this is usually a 3 to 5000php flight. I have flown Manila to Dumaguete for less than 800php

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internal Flights

Definitely pre-book if you can plan your itinerary.

If you are those "travel as you wish" traveller, then pre-book may not suityou but prepare to pay a higher price compared during promo.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internal Flights

Pre book as early as possible, esp. if you are sure of your dates

When you make your flight enquiry, the results show you the normal rate and a promo rate - the latter is way cheaper than the former, but it's dates cannot be changed later.

For fare / flight enquiries, do them on the individual websites of the airlines itself - the main domestic carriers are - Cebu Pacific, Air Phil Express, Zest Air and Air Asia. They all operate as budget airlines

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,180 posts
1,524 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internal Flights

And also try Seeair/Tiger for comparison.

Tommo

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internal Flights

better to pre-book mainly because the time you will be here is peak travel period

New Quay, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Internal Flights

Thanks for all you help guys :-) Guess I better get some dates in place :-D

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internal Flights

Prebook as suggested by many. However, expect that there will be changes (in hour, airport or even dates) as I experienced recently.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,180 posts
1,524 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Internal Flights

Which airline Edwinic?

I know it can happen to anywhere!

Tommo

10. Re: Internal Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 05:17