We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banaue - Manila night bus

New Quay, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Banaue - Manila night bus

Hi All

Wondering if anyone would have any info on the night bus going from Banaue to Manila? What time is it expected in Manila? Need to book a plane ticket from manila to Cagayan de oro and not sure what time to book the flight. Also how reliable it is?

Many thanks all :-)

Roxy

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Banaue - Manila night bus

hi -you should get all info here https:/… http://www.ohayamitrans.com/

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Banaue - Manila night bus

Hi,

You may look here, that company sell those services:

www.banaue-tours.com/banaue-how-to-reach/

S.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banaue - Manila night bus

If everything is smooth sailing, you should reach Manila between 0400hrs and 0500hrs.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banaue - Manila night bus

Hi Roxy

1) Timings - as Clare and MH have correctly mentioned. It is a good big volvo type air con bus. Not that you need aircon, but you will appreciate it's comfort

2) Manila to CDO - the Cebu Pacific flights are pretty reliable. I would suggest you take the one in the morning as you get half the day still at CDO

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
159 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banaue - Manila night bus

I would not dare book a flight out of Manila on the same day you are arriving from Banaue.

1st - bus are not brand new, even if it is, engine breakdown is imminent.

2nd - road/traffic condition specially on the boundary of Nueva Viscaya and Nueva Ecija [sta. fe or Aritao] is an accident prone involving trailer trucks, and you might get caught on a 17hour traffic., just like what happened last April '13

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,374 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banaue - Manila night bus

take a sweater, can get cold on that bus at night. I would not do that trip by bus or by CAR the same day as a flight either as pointed out, things can go bad. Allow a day to rest and for unforeseen circumstances.

New Quay, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Banaue - Manila night bus

Fab, thanks guys, that was my main concern as I've read a lot about the buses braking down rather not risk it and book the flight for the following day

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banaue - Manila night bus

I agree with Weekend driver and left over too - In fact I would use the sweater warning for ALL bus travel in the Phils (I know that sounds odd in a tropical hot country, but Victory liner officially gives that advice!)

The Banau - Manila trip competes as among the most harrowing trips in Phils with Banaue - Baguio trip and is a trifle better than the Port Barton - PP bus ride!

Keep a day to relax in your hotel in Manila before jumping on the plane

9. Re: Banaue - Manila night bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:20