We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

Hi all, I will be going to Panglao Island in Aug and wld be staying near alona beach.

Any mid range restaurants or eateries that's worth a try? Preferably local food.

And any places to avoid?

Thanks in advance!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,109 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

Best place to start is the restaurant reviews listed below. None blew me away but L'Elephant Bleu gets great reviews. I only tried breakfast there.

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurants-g1036817-Pang…

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,113 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

try Trudis on the beach, good breakfast and nightly grilled fish...prices not bad.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,109 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

Several restos along the beach have fresh seafood on ice which you can select and then have it cooked to your liking. We did this, nice bbqed seafood but cant remember the name of the place.

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,113 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

per TOMMO, yep that is a good tip, and to be honest it changes often. In other words, one place tonight may have a great catch on the grille, but bukas it will not be so good. So as T suggests, walk around for variety, freshness and prices is the best thing to do.

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

Ok. Thanks for your tips :)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,457 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

I have been several times in Alona but I have no particular favorite eating place. I just let my eyes and nose do their job. The rule of thumb for fresh seafood is, you can't go wrong grilling it.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

Local food? You mean Boholano food? Well, the closest to local (Yet, also closest to heaven for your palate if you like sea food) would be to choose your own sea food and ask them to grill it.

Most restaurants along Alona beach have a small "fresh catch of the day"stall in front of the restaurant - you choose what you want (squids, fish, , octopus, oysters - including some exotic ones like cardinal, groupers), they weigh it and then cook / grill it.

It is not really Boholano, but it definitely is Filipino and it is tasty.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,951 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

Nothing impressive by the beach and not too cheap either.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

Here are some suggestions form the net on Boholano food - maybe of help to you. I definitely recommend the Loboc river cruise which has a lunch buffet included -

1) Boholano delicacies - wineandfoodtravel.com/travel/…

2) Good food, though not local, from a local newspaper - …inquirer.net/36727/pay-p1200-for-a-food-tou…

3) Photos of Boholano food - you may like the spiny the lobsters - http://www.bohol.ph/gallery8.html

4) Menu of some hotels - you can do an internet seach on what this food means - foodbites.net/menu/boholano-menu-ala-amorita/

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants/ eateries at alona beach

Hi all, thanks for ur input! Much appreciated!

Yes, Youonlyliveonce, I meant boholano food or Philippine dishes. We wld like to have a taste of local food instead of French or western food :) and yeah, we going for loboc cruise with boholtravelbuddy n the lunch is included. Thanks for the websites! I'll look thru them!