We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,581 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Topic
Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

Well the time is near again to have our Annual Tripadvisor Meet.This will be the third one and I hope we can carry on this tradition every year.

I have sent a pm to all that attended last years meet and it seems most will again be able to attend. The meet will be a little earlier this year as the above date seemed to suit most rather than later due to Family and Christmas committments.

No venue has been decided but the event will be held in Makati. Any suggestions of a venue welcome. Both Cafe Ysabel and Cafe Juanita were fantastic venues in previous years.

It was also suggested that one year we could have the meet outside of Manila and worthy places to consider in the future could be Tagaytay, Bacolod or Cebu and Im sure there are many others.

And any members that haven't attended a meet before are welcome to attend as we usually have a great night sharing travel stories enjoying a meal and having a great laugh.

Anyone interested in attending or with a venue suggestion please feel free to respond to the thread or send me a pm.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,509 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

Count me in!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,581 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

@S2S I would be very interested in Bacolod as the next destination providing there was enough interest from members. One reason is that Ive never been to Bacolod and would love to see the place including Sugar Beach and secondly it has a reputation of being the 'foodies capital' of the Philippines hence a perfect meet venue.

I can then hand over the organisers reigns to you ;-)

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,953 posts
2,059 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

One difficulty with a dinner away from Metro Manila is that many of our most frequent contributors to TA's Philippines forum are Manila-based.

To hold it in Bacolod imposes extra costs (and a time penalty, including the need for accommodation) on these members, some of whom may have strict budgets.

Having been to Bacolod recently I agree with sole2soultravel and tommomelbourne that it is the next most logical venue after Metro Manila. Perhaps we can make it our late 2014 venue if as tommomelbourne says there is sufficient interest from members. Bacolod has a terrific food and dining scene and deserves to be discovered by more foreign visitors. The great beaches of Sipalay are five hours by road from Bacolod on a slow, but very frequent, Ceres bus (or faster by private car or taxi). The island of Negros has a great tourism vibe, with the 'half' that is Negros Occidental (Bacolod) having an excellent website from which I have successfully added many TA listings (with the usual great help from TA's Boston-based staff):

http://tourism.negros-occ.gov.ph/

\Our aim, however, is to keep these dinners affordable to local participants as well as those who make the effort to fly in from overseas.

Edited: 04 August 2013, 04:31
Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

Tommo and VL,

...Turn of the century dinner in one of the heritage houses would be lovely. Lots of good chefs around.

...why not? If the others are amenable to it. Then a visit to Sipalay and Danjugan would be nice.

Who else is going on Nov 30?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,581 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

@S2S All from the last meet have indicated that they will be able to attend.... with you and VL the maybes.

Have you noticed if there are any promo fares generally available to Bacolod that time of the year if booked in advance?

@VL Im sure S2S can recommend some price friendly places for members to stay. Id be happy to stay at Go Hotels any time.

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,581 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

I forget to add YLOO has indicated that he intends to make this years meet.

Tommo

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

Tommo,

The hotels wont be a problem but promo fares are not my thing. I dont really buy them cause I go when I want to. So no idea there. MH is the expert. ;)

YLOO will attend with the missus???

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,581 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

That you will have to ask YLOO! I would say yes as Im sure the firewall goes where he does.

Tommo

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

Haha!

Mouse has competition. ;)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,581 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Annual Tripadvisor Meet Saturday 30th November 2013!

Most of us males have a firewall :(

Tommo