We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 free days.......what do i do?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
2 free days.......what do i do?

I'm working on manila for 2 weeks and have 1 Sat & Sunday fee to do something cool. Can fly anywhere but not that keen to go back to boracay.

Want something different but not ridiculously expensive.

Let me know your ideas. Much appreciated!

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 2 free days.......what do i do?

Thanks Lisa,

Glad you had a good time.

Could you also please add reviews of th e places you saw in Tagaytay, and the hotel where you stayed?

Indonesia
4 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: 2 free days.......what do i do?

We stayed at the Lake Hotel, I had not booked before, so as a walked in guest & that was on weekday, we got a very good rate of PHP 4.100. The hotel had a very nice view of the Taal Lake. The room of Lake hotel also ok, clean & comfortable. After checked in, we were brought to a place, it's a residence where we had to take a motor boat to the foothill. The boat riding 2 way cost PHP 1.500. The whole boat regardless of whether you are 1 or 2 or 4 paxs. We are 3 paxs. From the foothill, we had to ride a horse to go up the mountain. The horse riding cost PHP 450/ pax & the entrance of the volcano area cost PHP 50/ pax. I wish I can add some photos of the view here. There are lots of organizer to crossing the lake & horse riding, so have to be careful, most of them standing on the street and offering their package. Since I am going with my trusty tourist driver, so he brought us to place where we feel safe, secure & reasonable price. Thanks.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
70 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 2 free days.......what do i do?

Corregidor, maybe? (That's if you are a history buff)

2 days is simply not enough to check out Sagada, Palawan or Bohol. Puerto Galera Beach might be a good choice as it is just a ferry away after a 2-hour ride from Manila to Batangas Port although I am having my second thoughts since the last time I went there, it wasn't worth it. Maybe a roadtrip to Tagaytay would suffice... no beach but tons of things to see... Actually, you don't even have to do anything, I can spend the whole day just sitting on a chair with a cup of Starbucks hot coffee looking out to the majestic Taal Volcano.

24. Re: 2 free days.......what do i do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:17