We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

Hi all, im having this situation that make me confuse...

Hope somebody could lighten me up a little bit...

So this is my situation:

I've bought a ticket from kalibo, boracay, to manila... total is $22.

When i bought the ticket, it said airport tax is included, but didnt say anything about baggage..

That leaves me with baggage tax, i usually pay baggage tax in advance, usually 30 Kgs.

But for this trip i just bring 1 bagpack, and 1 suitcase that small enough to bring into the cabin...

By this condition, i didnt pay the baggage tax in advance, cause i think i could just bring those two bags into the cabin...

FIRST QUESTION

Is it okay to bring 2 bags into the cabin (1 Bagpack + 1 Suitcase)?

But something makes me confuse, what if my suitcase is overweight?

i red somewhere if its more than 7 kilos, i cannot bring it to the cabin... (Pretty sure its more than 7 kgs)

SECOND QUESTION

If i cannot bring my suitcase into the cabin and have to pay it instead, how much does it cost per kilo? I heard it will be more expensive comparing to pay in advance...

Well thats all guys, only 2 question, but i think i need to explain the situation...

Hope somebody reply... Thank you very much...

:)

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

what airline are you using? i dont think airport tax is included in the ticket /terminal fee handcarry on the plane is 7kg

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

hi clare, im using philippines airline...

But it did say that... at first i also confused, but ive checked other companies, usually that price already include tax, if im not mistaken... :)

so that means i cannot bring my suitcase to the cabin? if so, how much do i have to per kilo? please not that i didnt pay the tax in advance...

thank...

Edited: 10 August 2013, 14:48
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

hi ,its not a tax -its luggage fee ,not sure if you flight is philippine airline or pal express?the ticket should include at least 10kg for free -not sure if you can still upsize your luggage online like in cebu pac website here is the info about baggage www.flypalexpress.com/index.php/Baggage

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

http://www.flypalexpress.com/Prepaid-Baggage

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

owh, sorry my bad... haha

yes its PAL express, i've check the itinerary...

but there is nothing about 10 kilos, it just say "Baggage Information"...

so if i didnt pay the fee in advance its all gonna be counted as excess baggage right?

How do i find out about this "VAT" thing? is it different in every airport?

sorry, new in flying with airline...

i just want to calculate how much i will pay for my suitcase...

thanks...

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

ow thank you for the new link...

hehe

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,731 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

What is your flight number? Your backpack is for your hand liuggage. Whether it is PR or 2P you are entitled to bring your suitcase as check-in luggage FREE of charge as long as it is not more than 10 kilos. If your suitcase is more than 10 kilos you have to pay PHP200 per kilo in excess of your free baggage allowance.

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

@kegler: its flight 568...

oh so it means, i cannot bring 2 bags into the cabin...

okay, i get it...

i confuse since two of the bags, both are small... i usually just bring the suitcase, but since its not enough i bring the bagpack....

thanks for the information keggler

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

you can add to your ticket Additional 5kgs- PHP 400.00 inclusive of VAT

Additional 10kgs- PHP 800.00 inclusive of VAT instead of paying 200/kg at airport. ,not sure what u mean by vat -if its terminal fee not sure how much it is but could be up to 200 peso

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Could somebody explain me shortly about baggage rule in Ph.?

@clare: ok i get it, turned out missinterpret the word inclusive, i thought its 200 + 12% of VAT...

ok than, i think problem solved, just need to make sure that my suitcase wont be more than 10 kg and im good..

i dont know if i am right or wrong, but i think using airplane have the same price as if we are using buses and ferries to the boracay...

from some blog i red that if i want to go to boracay using ro ro boat and buses, it will cost me arround P1200...

With airplane (if i dont have to pay for nothing else) it cost me arround P950 for ticket plus P250 (boracay to kalibo) so its 1200... So its the same...

but then again, if im not mistaken...