We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay for 2 weeks? 1st timer

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay for 2 weeks? 1st timer

Hi, I've never been to Philippines before but looking at photos it looks incredible! My girlfriend and I are expecting a baby early next year and want to plan a holiday for next April in advance without the hassle of leaving it to the last minute.

Flying from the UK, flights to Manila seem very well priced but reading up on it I'm not sure if there'd be enough to do there for more than a few days.

I've been to Phuket in Thailand before and really enjoyed Island hopping. It's nice to take in a City, do a little shopping, snorkel and relax on the beach. 2 weeks is a short trip for somewhere so far from the UK but i'm determined to go.

Can someone give me a few recommendations of where to stay? Or even recommend an itinerary.

Thanks

11. Re: Best place to stay for 2 weeks? 1st timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 August 2013, 08:05
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,709 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best place to stay for 2 weeks? 1st timer

@deejack we are happy that you had a positive experience and love those to be reported here for others benefit but your experiences. But when 4 of your first 5 posts all recommend the same business it seems on the surface to be self promotion and/or spam which breaches TA guidelines.

Tommo

13. Re: Best place to stay for 2 weeks? 1st timer

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 August 2013, 10:05
Edited: 17 August 2013, 10:05
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best place to stay for 2 weeks? 1st timer

If you are a die hard island hopping, then Coron and El Nido is your best bet though travelling to El Nido could be a challenge.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best place to stay for 2 weeks? 1st timer

a) I would suggest Visayas - Keeping Cebu city as your base.

b) Malapascua island is a great place - simply because the beach is fantastic (Boracay sans crowds), and facilities are excellent (nice resorts by the beach, good food, comfortable, sensibly priced) - but do remember that if you leave Cebu at 10 am, you will reach your resort in Malapascua around 5 pm.

c) Bohol too is an excellent chocie - an advantage is it's proximity to Cebu (2 horus by a fast ferry) - it has a good beach, lots of otehr palces to explore, ncie resorts and sensibly priced

d) Camotes is an excellent place, and very untouristy (as compared to Malapascua and Bohol which see a fair share of visitors) - but it takes some time to reach despite being close to Cebu. (bus Cebu to Danao = 1 hour, wait at Danao for next ferry = 1-2 hours, ferry Danao to Camotes = 2 hours, trike to resort = 30 minutes). Hence I would not specifically recommend it for a first timer.

e) For the same reason as (d), I would not recommend places in Palawan - El Nido etc. to you. They are beautiful, simply too cumbersome for a first time visitor to Philippines.

Suggested Itinerary -

Cebu (2 days) - Malapascua (4 day stay) - Cebu (2 days) - Bohol (5 days) - Cebu

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best place to stay for 2 weeks? 1st timer

Thank you for all your help. A lot of useful information. I'm pretty sure I know what I want now and will be booking my trip shortly. I did receive a few spam emails of individuals recommending hotels etc but I'm happy enough to find resorts myself.

17. Re: Best place to stay for 2 weeks? 1st timer

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 07:21