We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Topic
Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

Beware of this taxi especially the one with body number N44. This taxi is charging on a kilometer basis which cost you around $20 for just running a couple of kilometers. The worst news is when I tried to get off upon knowing his charge..he locked the door on my side. I could have got off and take another metered taxi then. Thank God nothing bad happens except that I was charged triple the regular cost. Please take extra caution on taking taxi at Manila airports. Better ask first the rate before you get on board.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

if you are a local (from tarlac), report it. the phone number to call are on all taxis.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,822 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

If it is a white taxi, you will get no sympathy from the airport authority as you are not supposed to catch white taxis at the airport.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

if white, as Jim said, its been noted on this forum often not to take them at the airport due to this very issue.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,846 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

This is the very reason that I will never recommend taking a non-airport taxi if you will arrive from either Terminal 1, 2, 3 or 4. Take an ordinary white taxi at your own risk.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

i noticed multiple signs informing the public at T2 departure elevated area warning the riding public about the white taxis. these signs are very recent, 1-2 weeks. it was not there before that, having travelled through T2 almost every week fo the past month..

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,846 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

I also saw those signs at Terminal 4 and Terminal 3.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

The sign has been there for quite some time.

I remembered seeing the sign as early as March!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

warnings but no enforcement..white can pick up still. I think one of our DE's recommends taking white taxis though, so who knows.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,846 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

The signs are only a "warning" not to take other transportation options not accredited by the airport management but as the Philippines is a free country you could take whatever transportation option you want be it yellow or white taxis or bus or jeepneys. No airport officials will apprehend anybody for taking a white taxi.

10. Re: Beware of AKKY TAXI at NAIA terminals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 06:21