We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Subic outdoor activities.

Travelers Rest...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Subic outdoor activities.

Alright, I have done JEST and Zoobic but am still looking to experience Subic's forests. My understanding is that bat kingdom and apalin trail are no longer in use. Is there any way to explore subic and bataan forest on my own to look for wildlife or any good guides for this.

Not really looking to camp but day hikes would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Subic outdoor activities.

@ Ben

There is an excellent trail called Pamulaklakin trail that you can do in subic.

It is just next to binictican (a taxi ride from your hotel), well organised, and a native aeta guides you inside the forest. It is not too difficult, but not leisurely either. Many things they show are similar to zoobic / jest (like making fire out of sticks) but some things are unique (the guide cuts off branches of a tree and shows you how to drink water trapped in it, plucks edible branches of wild trees and believe me - they are yummy!). He also points out trees and birds as you walk inside. There is a river that you can wash yourself in (Pamulaklakin river) and it is very quiet, 10 minutes into the forest!

It costs less than 500 pesos and I felt was 100% worth it. I think it is open daily, *9 am to 4:30 pm. The trail takes about 3 hours (but you can also opt for a full day trail)

And by the way, the same guides do the apaliin trail too - early morning 6 am, I believe. But for that you have to inform them the previous day. Same place - the office at Pamulaklakin.

2. Re: Subic outdoor activities.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:19