We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

Hi,

My GF and I are planning a trip to the Philippines for New Year 2013-2014

This is what I have so far:

Day 1 (Dec 20th): Night flight from Delhi to Manila via HK

Day 2 (Dec 21st): Arrive Manila around Noon. Spend one night in Manila...

Day 3 (Dec 22nd): Depart Manila for the Visayas Region, Say Cebu...with Cebu Pacific Airlines.

Day 4 (Dec 23rd): Cebu.

Day 5 (Dec 24th): Cebu.

Day 6 (Dec 25th): maybe Cebu to Siquijor?

Day 7 (Dec 26th): Siquijor

Day 8 (Dec 27th): Siquijor

Day 9 (Dec 28th): Bohol

Day 10 (Dec 29th): Bohol

Day 11 (Dec 30th): Bohol.

Day 12 (Dec 31st): Bohol Back to Manila. Night in Manila.

Day 13 (Dec 1st): Manila back to Delhi in the AM...

-----

Isn't this island overload/overkill? I wanted to go to Banaue and/or Sagada, but it takes like 2 days to get there and the same time to get back right? Would it be possible to fit Sagada into my schedule without having to travel too much?

It is important to be able to rent automatic scooters on the islands, as we like to have a little freedom exploring the island at our own pace. Also, I don't want to go on an island which is too small, as i would love to be able to ride around the whole island. Also which islands have the best roads for motorcyclists?

As per the itinerary given above, it kindda sucks because I need to be back to work on the 2nd Jan, which means I may have to spend New Years in Manila...Would it be better to spend new years in Manila or one of the islands? if so, then I will change my plan so that I'm not travelling during 31st Dec/1st Jan.

Any suggestions or comments are absolutely welcome!

Thanks Guys!

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

Welcome to the forum!

Your IT looks good. But get your flights now. I hate travelling during the holidays cause it is total chaos and the fare are horrendous.

As for Sagada, it requires a lot of travel. And I wouldnt push it if I were you. If you want, go to Sagada but give up two other places maybe. Depends what you want to prioritize.

Cebu, i highly discourage you to drive around. That place has the worst drivers ever.

Bohol is manageable esp if you start off Panglaoand explore the countryside.

Siquijor is a gem for non Filipinos to try their hand in scooters. Non existent traffic. And yes big enough to explore.

Best place for New Years would be hands down Boracay but Manila is great as well. We have the longest Xmas on record and we love our holidays. So prepare yourself for great fun. If your lucky enough, you might be invited to someones house and plied with drinks and food! Ahhh...sweet persecution.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

Siquijor is perfect for riding around as the 70 km+ circular road is paved and there isn't much traffic. Automatic scooters are available for rent too. Highly recommended.

As for your itinerary it looks good although I wouldn't add Banaue especially as it's the Xmas period and everyone is travelling. Also book your boat trips in advance with Ocean Jet to Bohol and Siquijor.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,896 posts
1,993 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

Try to have four nights in each island destination.

www.asiatravel.com has a large range of Metro Manila Hotels. Its 'Crazy Rates' (mystery hotels) are excellent, such as 'Crazy Rate Manila' which is The Manila Hotel for about P5550 including excellent buffet brekkie for two persons:

book.asiatravel.com/hotel.aspx…

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

I would reduce Cebu to one night. Take the first flight out of Manila to Cebu and start your tour around the city.

Next morning, take the first ferry to Siquijor.

However, I recommend this IT.

Day 1 (Dec 20th): Night flight from Delhi to Manila via HK

Day 2 (Dec 21st): Arrive Manila around Noon. Spend one night in Manila...

Day 3 (Dec 22nd): Depart Manila for the Visayas Region, Say Cebu...with Cebu Pacific Airlines.

Day 4 (Dec 23rd): Cebu.

Day 5 (Dec 24th): Bohol

Day 6 (Dec 25th): Bohol

Day 7 (Dec 26th): Bohol

Day 8 (Dec 27th): Siquijor

Day 9 (Dec 28th): Siquijor

Day 10 (Dec 29th): Siquijor

Day 11 (Dec 30th): Dumaguete

Day 12 (Dec 31st): Dumaguete Back to Manila. Night in Manila.

Day 13 (Dec 1st): Manila back to Delhi in the AM...

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

Wholeheartedly agree with Mousehunt.

Stay in Dumaguete too and fly back to Manila from there. It's around an hour's boat ride from Siquijor and a nice city to visit.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

Dumaguete's parties? Hmmmmm.

Cant remember any. ;)

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

Dumaguete's parties? Hmmmmm.

Cant remember any. ;)

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

Thanks Guys!

I will surely take a look into your suggestions...I'm gonna spend the next few hours looking up the places you all have mentioned.

Shall get back to you if I have any further questions...

Thanks!

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

You're welcome.

Always nice to get a thank you. ;)

Pomeroy, Washington
Level Contributor
419 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need your valuable feedback for this itinerary :)

I have a suggestion about your itinerary. Traffic in Manila is absolutely horrible during the holiday season. Not doing that again. I would fly directly to Cebu from Hong Kong. Cebu has most all the same amenities and New Years Eve parties that you can find in Manila, without the hassles of getting around. People are very friendly in Cebu.

My guess is that on the night of the 31st, you will have to stay in or near your hotel in Manila. Otherwise, you'll be sitting in a cab or jeepney all evening. Been there, done that, but on Saturday before Christmas. 3 1/2 hours from Pasay to Quezon City on jeepneys in the heat and smog. The cab drivers refused to take us.