We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most enjoyed location? Loas, Thailand or Philippines?

canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Most enjoyed location? Loas, Thailand or Philippines?

For those who have travelled around Asia, what would be your most enjoyable trip considering culture and beaches? I am travelling for a month to Cambodia and Vietnam with stopovers in Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur. I would like to end my trip somewhere with beaches and just can't decide!! Thanks for your input.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,180 posts
1,524 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most enjoyed location? Loas, Thailand or Philippines?

Havent been to Laos but between Thailand and Philippines prefer Philippine Beaches. You can have touristy beaches and non touristy depending on what you are looking for.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,515 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most enjoyed location? Loas, Thailand or Philippines?

Your choice is down to 2 as Laos is a landlocked country so don't expect beaches. I enjoyed my time in the highlands of Luang Prabang so you may research about that if you love cultural villages. Since Thailand is just a neighbor of Cambodia it would be cheaper for you to go to Thailand.

I will be diplomatic with my answer but I will say that the Philippines has 7,107 islands so if you hate 1 you still have more than 7,000 other choices. If you want the #1 beach in Asia according to TripAdvisor then head to the Philippines.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most enjoyed location? Loas, Thailand or Philippines?

Laos as Keg noted is landlocked tho Luang Prabang is a personal favorite and deserves a visit but you would probably be templed out by the end of your trip.

I always say that the Philippines is best enjoyed after the end of a trip in SE Asia. Perfect place to unwind before heading back home. More fun in the Philippines!

UK
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most enjoyed location? Loas, Thailand or Philippines?

If you're stopping in KL why not travel round Malaysia. It's a beautiful country and has lots of culture. It also has lovely beaches without too many tourists.

You could actually travel north to Thailand or Laos from there or even go East to Borneo and when you've done there fly to the Philippines.

If you really don't want to travel round Malaysia I'd recommend Philippines over Thailand because it's a bit more off the asian tourist trail and the beaches are quieter and there are fewer tourists.

Enjoy

5. Re: Most enjoyed location? Loas, Thailand or Philippines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:18