We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to spend New Years in the Philippines?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to spend New Years in the Philippines?

Hi,

My partner and I will be travelling to the Philippines for 2 weeks over the Dec 2013/Jan 2014 new year period.

We are really lost on where to spend New Years. Boracay seems like the place to be, but accommodation is already quite booked out so we are considering other destinations within the Philippines.

We are in our early 20s, want somewhere with happening bars, a great party atmosphere (and possibly fireworks), where we can meet other travellers around our age. We want to be in a beach location though, so ruling out Manila or Cebu.

Budget isn't an issue - we are very open to staying in either budget backpackers or 5 star resorts. We like a bit of everything!

Thank you for assistance!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,201 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to spend New Years in the Philippines?

Boracay and Makati Manila are the better options.

In Makati they close the streets around Makati Av have entertainment like bands, food stalls and plenty of drink with a great fireworks display.I spent last New Year in Makati and had a great time with my wife and one of the local DEs.

Heres a little of what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W_peoH5qNU

Tommo

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to spend New Years in the Philippines?

Hi!

Boracay would be the ultimate destination for New Year's but I dont think that accommodations are quite booked out. I am sure there are places still available. I was looking 2 weeks ago or so and there were loads still up for grabs.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to spend New Years in the Philippines?

I also second Boracay - it must have at least 150 hotels so there certainly must be a few that still have rooms :)

By the way - sea / beach facing in Boracay is over rated - all places are within 5 minutes of the sea and frankly, you will be spending most of your time out doors. Hence focus more on a good comfortable place to stay.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to spend New Years in the Philippines?

Sounds like I will try and give Boracay another go! Thank you all for your responses - it is much appreciated!

Meadow Vista...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to spend New Years in the Philippines?

Hi!! We will be in Boracay visiting from the USA on New Year's Eve and have no one to hang out with ! Looking for fireworks, dancing, singing and fun also! Hit me up! bjolley05@hotmail.com hope to meet you there!!

London, England...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to spend New Years in the Philippines?

Call Tonglen Beach Resort - walking distance to the beach but not front beach so wont be too noisy. 00 63 36 288 3457 or email. tonglenresort@yahoo.com. Ask for Ivy Concepcion.

Edited: 28 December 2013, 15:32
7. Re: Where to spend New Years in the Philippines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:17