We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying into philippines bank account

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Paying into philippines bank account

We want to pay for some accomodation in advance. We thought credit card but were requested to supply enough information to facilitate identity fraud and of lesser concern with a supplement of 2.9%.

The alternative is to transfer funds into their bank account. The sum is small £223 (about P14500). Wondered how others found this best achieved without high costs but with security.

We have UK bank accounts but have always found Lloyds bank not the cheapest place to do business lol

Any help most welcome

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Paying into philippines bank account

The resort has only asked for 25% of accomodation. Nothing for pick up, diving, etc. And as I said the accomodation in question is in limited supply (There are two and we want them both). I appreciate the value of money varies widely depending on circumstance but I do not consider P3700 which is much less than 1% of the cost of our trip to be unreasonable.

Of course you do not pay if you have no idea what you will get but these days with TripA reports/references, ability to talk to recent punters, other sources the risk is fairly low unless you are a terribly picky person.

And personally I prefer to pay a deposit knowing there is an obligation on both sides. I cannot say if agreeing to pay the deposit has made any difference to the service I have received but they have been extremely helpful in relation to things from which they will get no financial benefit and have offered discounts on both accomodation and diving costs.

The dive centre is Pete's in Padre Burgos.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Paying into philippines bank account

@ Wombat

I am a bit confused - whether you wish to send 3700 or 14500 pesos (I guess 14500 is your total expense of which 25% has been asked as an advance... but never mind)

There are 3 ways in which people from outside Phils usually send money to resorts - you can see which one seems mroe practical for you -

1) Western Union (Easiest + WU is commonly used in the Phils)

2) Paypal (less common but easy if you wish to use credit card, but not directly)

3) Direct bank account transfer (convenient to the sender if a bank is close to your place - most convenient for the receiver)

You can decide which one is most convenient for you, and then ask the resort for their instructions regarding this. Remember to inform the resort with a scanned image once you send the money, and get an acknowledgement from the resort by email.

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Paying into philippines bank account

YouLiveOnlyOnce the paying the full amount option P14500 is purely a personal thing tied to my circumstances. It has nothing to do with the discussion beyond showing my confidence that we will be staying there.

I'll try WU this afternoon. Cheers

14. Re: Paying into philippines bank account

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:19