We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice: DEC 24 - JAN 1 Feasible?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary Advice: DEC 24 - JAN 1 Feasible?

Hey Everyone

Would like some itinerary advice. A friend and I will get into Manila dec 24 at 11 am.

We are planning to spend a few hours in Manila and then catch a flight to Puerto Princesa.

I'd appreciate any advice or feedback. First time in the Phillipines

12/24 - arrive in Manila, few hours there, afternoon flight to PP, night in PP

12/25 - Underground river Sabang, same day get over to El Nido

12/26 - EL Nido (enjoy, island hop)

12/27 - repeat

12/28 - repeat

12/29 - repeat

12/30 - to Coron, night there

12/31 - afternoon flight from Coron to Manila

01/01 - flight out (flight is at 1 AM)

Some questions:

1) is the itinerary as far as moving throughout the island feasible and isn't too rushed? especially from UR to El Nido and from El Nido to Coron?

2) should we be booking accomodation now? like yesterday? and which places on our route would require most ahead booking?

3) has anyone ever gone from El Nido to Coron? or taken flight from Coron to Manila? we don't want to have to go from Coron or El Nido back to PP to go back to Manila

4) the things we'd do on our 9 day stay: short time in Manila, PP, Underground River, El Nido island hopping, possible Coron snorkeling, etc. What else should we be considering?

5) what's the best way to travel for this specific high peak time there in Palawan? given when we want to travel (i.e. after UR, we'd like to go to El Nido) what is best way?

6) Also, should we consider staying more or less time in any place?

Appreciate it folks! Look forward to the responses :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,430 posts
1,560 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advice: DEC 24 - JAN 1 Feasible?

<<12/25 - Underground river Sabang, same day get over to El Nido>>

I think thats too ambitious for 1 day. Sabang is not on the way to El Nido. This would require backtracking.

<12/30 - to Coron, night there

12/31 - afternoon flight from Coron to Manila>

Thats a waste of time as you dont have a full day in Coron. Coron's beauty lies in the island hopping which to get the best from it requires a full day boat trip.The town is not pretty!

For the peak period I would make accomodation bookings now.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,758 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Advice: DEC 24 - JAN 1 Feasible?

You may also want to check whether the Underground River tour will be operating on Christmas day.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Advice: DEC 24 - JAN 1 Feasible?

12/25 - Underground river Sabang, same day get over to El Nido

I believe technically you can do it but I would not recommend it. If the schedule still hold, the last bus to El Nido is 2200hrs. So you will need to get your bus tickets early and make sure your tour will being you back to PP latest 2000hrs.

Now this is a great risk. The roro bus may have resume operations but will they still stick to the schedule or they have change it, we have no knowledge about it. So better to check it schedule first.

"12/30 - to Coron, night there

12/31 - afternoon flight from Coron to Manila

01/01 - flight out (flight is at 1 AM)"

Agree with Tommo. This is a waste of time. Drop Coron and spend you time either in PP or Manila.

2. You should book your accommodation last month. No, I am not kidding. If you have not done so, do it now.

3. As mentioned, drop Coron. Don't waste your YOUTH!

4. Your schedule is already very pack. So spend your time relaxing.

5. Best way? Hire a private driver and follow you from PP to UR and then to El Nido. End his service there. Remember to book your tickets from El Nido back to PP as early as possible. Day Tripper is already running low on seats. I think you should be concern if you cannot get any roro tickets back to PP and I doubt anyone would enjoy Lexus minivan service there.

6. It is just right for your plan if there is no delay or similar.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Advice: DEC 24 - JAN 1 Feasible?

Thanks for the responses so soon. Sounds like there is agreement about ur and travel to el nido same day. Thanks for that.

So we can do UR and then head back to PP? Is this most efficient re getting to el nido?

Then head over to el nido and stay there four days or so.

Then head back to PP and stay there.

Then fly back to Manila (skipping Coron)

Does anyone know if UR is open christmas day?

Whats there to do in PP? Should we stay longer in Sabang?

If you had to choose between more time in PP and Manila which would you choose?

Thanks everyone! Really helps

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Advice: DEC 24 - JAN 1 Feasible?

"Does anyone know if UR is open christmas day?"

Write to any travel agent in PP and seek their advise.

"If you had to choose between more time in PP and Manila which would you choose?"

Depends. Manila is much bigger than PP and more bustling. PP is smaller though noisy because of all the trikes. If you like shopping, Manila has more malls where PP choices are limited.

6. Re: Itinerary Advice: DEC 24 - JAN 1 Feasible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 05:19