We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Manila but unable to fly internally

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Flying to Manila but unable to fly internally

I am planning to fly to the Philippines in March to meet my boyfriend who is travelling round Asia. However, I will have a large 30kg case and another smaller suitcase with me, as I am flying back to London after a working holiday in Australia. This means it will be difficult to fly anywhere from Manila, as the luggage allowance for internal flights is usually 20kg max.

We would ideally like to stay in a nice 4* hotel where we can go on lots of day trips, and happy to catch a boat to stay on another island.

I am just after some advice on where might be the best place to go?

UK
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flying to Manila but unable to fly internally

Ship you luggage to England and travel light. So much easier. You'll be on holiday after all.

london
Level Contributor
963 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flying to Manila but unable to fly internally

It will be difficult but not impossible to travel with this much luggage. My hubby anand I are divers and what gear we have is very heavy...divers who travel with everything could easily have 30kgs....so this is not really an unusual occurrence.

You would be far far better shipping stuff back and enjoy in travelling around the fab Philippines with a light bag. The second best option would be to leave some at a hotel in Manila.

13. Re: Flying to Manila but unable to fly internally

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 06:20