We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

Hello I am from Korea and my name is coco. I come to Cebu with friends and we stay in a hotel in mactan. We know there are many great beaches in Cebu but which one is good to go? There is free shuttle bus from hotel to main malls. I check and seem like there are bus to beaches from main malls. We want to swim around with fishes and walk on beach. We don't need to go to the best beach as long as it is pretty good and not too far away. Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,622 posts
1,573 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

Here is a list of the Top 5 beaches in Cebu. None are close to you. If you have time please visit one of these. Mactan is not known for the best beaches as they are mostly man made at the resorts.

Go Island Hopping with Island Banca Cruises where you will see beaches and do some snorkeling.

Some great snorkeling at Nalusuan Island Resort and Marine Sanctuary. You can even stay there on their over water bungalows:

http://nalusuanislandresort.com/

Tommo

Edited: 25 October 2013, 23:12
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

No good beaches that is within Mactan.

As what Tommo says, go for a island hopping cruise else go to Panglao.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

The mactan resorts that offer shuttle bus service to cebu city malls are shangrila, imperial, crimson, plantation bay. Among these in terms of beach quality, its ranked shangrila, crimson, plantation bay, imperial.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

I see and thanks. How long time does it take from a main ferry dock to alona beach? I am not sure is there common ferry transportation to Bohol now after earthquake. Best Bohol beach is better than best Cebu beach? If we just want to spend a day to go one beach, which one do you suggest?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

Normally how much money for island hopping? Do they come to pick us up? Are those small islands near mad tan good for island hopping? We will have better time to best beach comparing to island hopping? Thx!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

I see his blog and those look like heaven. So there are 5 top Cebu beaches and 5 top Bohol beaches. So hard to choose within 10 beaches.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,622 posts
1,573 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

Here is the list of the top beaches in Bohol:

lakbaydiva.com/philippine-beaches/…

My apologies I forgot to add this link in my above post on Cebu's Best Beaches:

lakbaydiva.com/philippine-beaches/…

Both have fantastic beaches but you need of venture away from Mactan if great beaches are what you are looking for!

Tommo

Edited: 26 October 2013, 01:59
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

Thx for sharing. So which beach is the best if you can only pick one?

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

beach wise, if in mactan, shangrila mactan resort. if cebu province, i like bantayan better than malapascua. if bohol, a lot, but along alona beach is good.

Edited: 26 October 2013, 02:37
10. Re: Good beach with reasonable distance from mactan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 October 2013, 05:05